This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Late last year we were upgraded to a Casita Suite at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. The room was amazing and had just gone through a complete renovation. It was complete with all the bells and whistles, including a wine fridge. But the rest of the hotel hadn’t gone through a renovation yet, the restaurant was still under construction. So breakfast was served in the Armani’s restaurant on the top floor until the new restaurant opened up.
Well now the new restaurant and bar is open for business and it is nice. Upon check-in we were notified the lounge would be closed on the weekend and we were offered complimentary Diamond breakfast in the lobby restaurant. We were told our Diamond breakfast would be complimentary, “just order what you like and put it on your room. At check-out we’ll credit your bill”, but weren’t told how much we could get credited.
We entered the restaurant which is just passed the bar. The bar was moved across the lobby to the same side as the restaurant, this makes sense and the old bar area was turned into a seating area.
The buffet was nice with a great selection of hot and cold options.
Omelettes were on order from the buffet as well and were delivered from the kitchen in the back. Everything was delicious.
The Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay’s new restaurant is open for business. The Hyatt Diamond breakfast option allows you to order anything off the menu and have it credited from your bill up to the threshold set by management.
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Casita Suite – Newly Renovated
- Win Free Ticket To Tampa Frequent Traveler University September 27th – 29th At Grant Hyatt Tampa Bay
- How I’ll Earn 50,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points After Only 20 Nights
- Free $25 Gift At Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion® Cuisine
- My Top 3 Tampa Restaurants
- Hyatt Regency Tampa Sold And Converted
- View From Clearwater Beach And A New Way To Travel
- Crystal Clearwater – Gulf Front Suite At Hyatt Regency
- Crystal Clearwater – Hyatt Diamond Breakfast And Lunch
- Crystal Clearwater, Fl – Hyatt Regency Clearwater Resort Review
- Upgrade To Hyatt Diamond Status – Welcome Back Letter
- Westin Tampa Bay Review And New SPG Platinum Amenity
- Tampa InterContinenal Trip Report
- Rough Flight Into Tampa During Tornado Watch
- Tampa to New York – Northwest Flight Trip Report
- How To Combine Hyatt Points From Different Accounts
- Hyatt – Diamond status after only 12 stays
- Hyatt – Avoid their website bug which could cost you thousands of points
- Hyatt – Hyatt Gold Passport program overview
- Hyatt – Booking a suite award with Gold Passport points
- Hyatt – Upgrading a paid stay with Gold Passport points
- Hyatt – Using Hyatt Gold Passport points for other redemptions
- Hyatt – Two commonly overlooked bonuses for Hyatt Diamond members
- SPG – Starwood Nights & Flights Plus Airline Transfer Award Redemption Option
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.