This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Update: Some of these offers have expired.
Last month we shared our top ten list of most best credit card offers. In this post we’ll share the current lineup of some of the best limited time credit card offers. These are offers that have either huge signup bonuses for a limited time or either temporarily been increased the signup offer or will go away at some.
A little background on why we collect points and miles through credit cards. Back in 2011, credit cards helped us earn a little over 857,000 points and miles. We used those points and miles to take some amazing trips before we started a family. That year we used a little over 1,734,000 points and miles that we had accumulated from credit card signups and traveling for trips to destinations we could not have otherwise afforded such as; Bora Bora, Buenos Aires, Bahamas, Lake Tahoe among many others that year few. We took trips ranging from 14 days (Bora Bora) down to just 4 days (Buenos Aires) and it couldn’t / wouldn’t have been done if we didn’t have airline miles and hotel points to make the trip affordable.
Limited Time Credit Card Offers
The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® comes with 40,000 bonus miles after your first purchase! There is an $89 fee for the first year. This card may not be around for very long, so I actually just picked up this card again for what might be my last time holding the card. After the integration of US Airways and American Airlines you will no longer be able to apply for this card.
Update: The limited time offer is no longer available. For the current offers see this page.
I think the generous benefits provide much much more value than the $95 annual fee. You get 2 free weekend nights that can be redeemed at properties all over the world. You also get an anniversary weekend night each year you renew your card when you have spent $10,000 in a cardmembership year. Not to mention you get complimentary Hilton Gold Status which provides benefits like complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest, upgrades, bonus points, late check-out and more.
The Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® gave me the easiest 100,000 miles I’ve ever earned. The card comes with 100,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after spending $10,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership. It also comes with Admirals Club membership privileges. There is a high $450 annual fee but the offer also comes with a $200 statement credit.
The Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® comes with 20,000 with first purchase or balance transfer. The normal offer only comes with 20,000 bonus points, so with this offer, you can earn an extra 30,000 bonus points if you meet the spending requirement in the first 90 days. The card comes with a $79 fee. For those not familiar with Lufthansa, you can use your miles with their partner carriers like United for some great deals, like 12,000 miles for one-way coach in the U.S., or only 20,000 miles one-way coach from the U.S. to Hawaii. There is also a companion ticket issued annually for cardmembers that can be used to bring along a guest with you on your journey.
The Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Card has a 50,000 bonus point offer now after spending $2,000 in the first three months. The main reason to go for this card is to try and get the companion pass with Southwest. The Southwest companion pass allows you to bring a companion along on your trip (paid or an award) for free as long as you pay the taxes.
With the Starwood Preferred Guest from American Express is offering a limited time 30,000 bonus point offer. You can earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card and 20,000 bonus Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. You can refer a friend to the personal version or the business version of the card and receive a bonus 5,000 points for making the referral. If you would like to be referred, you can send me an email and I”ll send you the referral for the 30,000 bonus point offer. This offer expires June 30, 2014 so there is still about 10 days left at the time of this post to get in on the offer.
Then there are the targeted offers like the targeted Business Platinum American Express offer I received which gives 150,000 bonus points after meeting minimum spending. And the first 100,000 bonus points of that offer just posted, so I’m now working on the second 50,000 bonus points part of that offer. Make sure you always take all available steps to increase your changes of being targeted for these offers.
Where were looking to take a trip somewhere this year and were considering using points or miles to get you there, consider some of the limited time offers above which won’t be around forever.
- Best Credit Card Bonus Offers For Month Of May
- Free Hilton Gold Status, Two Free Weekend Nights And Other Benefits With Hilton Honors Reserve Card
- Amazing 150,000 Bonus Point Offer
- How To Increase Chances For Targeted American Express Offers
- Free Hilton Gold Status for Cardholders
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program
- New American Express Platinum Card Benefits Announced
- New Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN Offer Announced
- Earn 60,000 Korean Air Bonus Miles After First Purchase On Two Cards
- US Airways New Card Benefit Plus 40,000 Offer After First Purchase
- How To Sign Up For Chase Ink Lounge Club Membership
- Award Flights To French Polynesia With Chase Ultimate Rewards, Korean Air And Other Airline Options
- Update On Korean Air Award Flights To French Polynesia With Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Get 5% Cash Back With Transfer Tutorial
- How Long Does It Take To Transfer Chase Points To Marriott Points? Continue Reading For The Answer
- How To Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards To Travel Partners
- How Long Does It Take To Transfer Points From SPG To US Airways
- Top Chase Credit Card Sign-Up Bonus Offers
- Credit Cards That Give Back 7%-10% Points And Miles Each Year
- Comparing Chase 50,000 Point Offer Vs 100,000 American Express Business Platinum Bonus Offer (Targeted)
- How To Transfer Chase Points Between Accounts