In this post we’ll share an amazing deal where you can get 50% off summer awards to Europe with Air France in Coach or Business Class. The latest promotional offer only requires 12,500 Flying Blue miles plus $88.47 in taxes for a one-way flight to Europe from Dallas in coach during peak summer season. But the new promotion also includes Business Class from Montreal to Europe and beyond for only 31,250 plus $297.69 in taxes.
The Flying Blue (Air France / KLM / Air Europa) loyalty program offers heavily discounted Flying Blue awards called Promo Awards for certain routes throughout the year. The current discounted award tickets from North America must be booked between July 1st and July 31st for travel between September 1st, 2014 and October 30, 2014. The best part is unlike the last few offers, it includes 50% off Business Class on 1 route in addition to 50% off Coach Class on 1 route.
Availability For 50% Off Coach Tickets
The availability for 50% off coach tickets is really good with at least 3 days a week having the low level availability. September and October has availability from Dallas to Amsterdam, and beyond if you are looking for it just piece an award ticket beyond Amsterdam for the 50% savings.
For a one-way coach class award ticket on KLM to Amsterdam it only requires 12,500 miles one-way plus $88.47 in taxes and fees.
Availability For 50% Off Business Class Tickets
The availability for 50% off Business tickets is simply amazing. Almost everyday in September or October has availability from Montreal to Amsterdam, and beyond if you are looking for it just piece an award ticket beyond Amsterdam for the 50% savings.
For a one-way coach class award ticket on KLM to Amsterdam it only requires 31,250 miles one-way plus $297.69 in taxes and fees.
Terms And Conditions
- Reservations must be made exclusively on airfrance or klm (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorised to book an award on the website).
- In the event that a technical problem occurs when reserving the promotional fare or if the reservation cannot be finalised, the Flying Blue member must log on to the site and repeat the procedure.
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights and vice-versa.
- These promotional Promo Award@ may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Promo Award@ are available for one-way tickets and round trips.
- Flex Award are not included in the Promo Award@ offer.
How To Get And Transfer Points To Flying Blue Account
Starwood Starpoints transfer to Flying Blue (Air France) at a 1:1 ratio. But if you transfer only 20,000 points, you’ll get a 25% bonus for a total of 25,000 Flying Blue miles.
Both the personal and business Starwood Preferred Guest card from American Express allow you to transfer points over to a Flying Blue Air France account.
Alternatively, Air France Flying Blue miles can be transferred from American Express Membership Rewards.
These points can be redeemed for a number of items from gift cards to products to travel experiences. Here is a detailed walkthrough of how to transfer American Express points into loyalty programs.
There is exceptional summer availability between Dallas or Montreal and Europe for 50% off the normal mileage redemption with KLM. Consider this promotional offer from the U.S. if you are looking for a cheap way to get to Europe this summer.
The Air Lingus is also a good option using British Airways Avios points for coach at 25,000 miles plus ~$150 in taxes and fees, but that is only to and from Dublin. The Air France promo awards includes destinations beyond just Paris and Amsterdam.
- Tel Aviv, Istanbul, Moscow And Athens Only 12,500 Miles This Summer One-Way
- Why I Credit Rocketmiles Miles To Air France –AwardWallet Plus Giveaway
- Air France Now Allows Personal Electronic Devices Inflight
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- Starwood Nights & Flights Plus Airline Transfer Award Redemption Option
- Instant Flying Blue Gold Status
- Air France 777 Business Class to French Polynesia
- Hurry: Tahiti Award Availability With Delta At Low Level On Air France
- Air France A380 Business Class from Paris