This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
Transferring Citi ThankYou points to airline or hotel loyalty programs is a relatively new feature and the options are limited to global airlines and Hilton Hotels at the moment. But there can still be value in transferring Citi ThankYou points to these partners.
The process to transfer the points is straightforward and once complete, you’ll have miles in a travel program available to redeem for that award you’ve been looking for. One basic piece of advice is to make sure your award is available before you transfer the points into your program. You don’t want to transfer the points and then get those points “stuck” in that program.
Citi ThankYou program allows members to earn points and then transfer them to airline or hotel partners with everyday spend on select Citi ThankYou credit cards like the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card, Citi Prestige® and Citi Chairman® cardmembers.
How To Transfer Citi ThankYou Points To Airlines
Step 1: Select Points Transfer Option
Log in to your Citi ThankYou account and select the Points Transfer option under “Do More” section.
Step 2: Select Transfer Partner
Next, select your airline of hotel transfer option.
Step 3: Enter Your Points To Transfer And Confirm
Lastly, enter your rewards number and confirm your points to transfer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few frequently asked questions regarding the ThankYou transfer option.
- Who is eligible to use Points Transfer?
- Only Citi ThankYou® Premier, Citi Prestige®and Citi Chairman® cardmembers are eligible to transfer available and qualifying points to participating travel loyalty programs membership accounts.
- Is there a maximum limit to the number of ThankYou® Points that may be transferred?
- There is no maximum limit to the number of available qualifying ThankYou Points that you can transfer.
- How long will it take for my ThankYou® Points to post to my participating travel loyalty program member account after I request a transfer?
- It may take up to fourteen days for the ThankYou Points to post to your participating travel loyalty program member account.
- Can ThankYou Points be transferred to a participating travel loyalty program member account that is not in my name?
- No. The first and last names on both the ThankYou Member Account and the participating travel loyalty program member’s account must match in order to transfer points using the Points Transfer feature.
Citi ThankYou Transfer Options
Citi has recently added 8 new airline transfer partners in addition to the Hilton transfer option. The 8 new airlines are:
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- Etihad Guest
- Garuda Indonesia Frequent Flyer
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
In addition, they currently allow transfers to Hilton as well.
Citi ThankYou Offers
Here is a run down of some of the current Citi ThankYou offers which you can consider if looking to earn Citi ThankYou points relatively quickly with sign up bonuses.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card – Up To 50,000 Bonus Points
- Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases, earn another 30,000 after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year
- $0 annual fee first year, $125 after that
- Earn 3x on dining and entertainment, 2x on airfare and hotels, 1x points on all spending
Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card — Earn 20,000 Bonus Points
- Earn 20,000 bonus points after $1,500 in spending in 3 months of account opening
- No annual fee
- Earn 2x points on dining and entertainment, 1x points on other purchases
- Earn 2,500 bonus points after meeting $500 in spending in the first 3 months
- $0 annual fee
- Earn 2x points on dining and entertainment; 1x points on other spending
Transferring Citi ThankYou points to airline partners is easy. Following the steps above you’ll be able to transfer your Citi ThankYou points to one of 9 partners in no time at all so you can top off your loyalty account towards that next award.
- How To Transfer Chase Points Between Accounts
- How To Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards To Travel Partners
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- Citi ThankYou Transfer Options Makes Points More Flexible
- How Long Does It Take To Transfer Chase Points To Marriott Points? Continue Reading For The Answer
- How Long Does It Take To Transfer Points From SPG To US Airways
- Starwood Nights & Flights Plus Airline Transfer Award Redemption Option