Approved: 140,000 Point Ritz Carlton Offer

This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.

There has been some chatter about the 140,000 bonus point offer for the Ritz Carlton credit card lately. So I decided to pick up the phone and see if I could qualify for the offer and pad my account with another 140,000 bonus points on top of the other way to get 140,000 points into your Marriott Rewards account as I described here.

To my surprise, after about 5 minutes on the phone, I was approved and will have the card in my hands in less than 10 days.

140,000 Bonus Point Ritz Carlton Offer

The offer includes a generous signup bonus and perks that I value greater than the annual fee. My card offer included:

• 140,000 bonus points with Ritz Carlton after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months
  • $300 airline credit
  • 3 upgrades to Ritz Carlton Club each year
  • Automatic Gold status in the Ritz Carlton program
  • $395 annual fee is not waived

The $300 airline credit and $100 hotel credit are worth more to me than the annual fee, plus the added bonus of 140,000 bonus points is not a bad way to pad the Marriott Rewards balance. I provided my Marriott Rewards loyalty number when I applied for the card.

The Ritz Carlton Gold status comes with benefits that I may use as well. So can’t hurt to have that status. The Gold benefits include:

• Complimentary Room Upgrade
  • Complimentary premium tiered Internet
  • 25 Percent Added Value on The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Points
  • $100 hotel credit on stays of 2 nights or longer
Ritz Carlton Kapalua Pool 2

Ritz Carlton Kapalua Pool

How I Applied

Instead of an online form, I called up Chase at 888.846.7004 and provided them with the offer code “F5BP” to earn 140,000 bonus points after meeting minimum spending.

I provided all the relevant information and was approved on the phone. Bam! 140,000 bonus points, an airline credit of $300 and Ritz Carlton Gold status.

Have you considered signing up for this offer or have you done so already? Why or why not did you decide to go for this offer?

For me, the benefits and bonus points far exceeded the cost of the annual fee for my purposes.

Related Posts

Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.

About the author: The Weekly Flyer is writes about travel from a business traveler perspective. He travels the world every week accumulating points and miles along the way. Feel free to reach me at theweeklyflyer@gmail.com

• colleen August 2, 2014, 3:05 pm

Please update/clarify your “Offer” section. Is the $300 airline credit first year or annual? Is the $100 hotel credit first year or annual, and are there really two separate $100 hotel credits as you describe (one for the CC and one for Gold status)?

Thanks

• Veejay August 2, 2014, 3:07 pm

How does one take advantage of the airline credits? Is chase as liberal as amex in compensating airline gift card purchases?

• The Weekly Flyer August 2, 2014, 3:11 pm

Hi Colleen – Updated. The $100 credit is from the gold status. I’m waiting on the written terms to come with the card in the mail before confirming the $300 annual vs one-time. Dude on the phone ran through a novel of details so fast.

• The Weekly Flyer August 2, 2014, 3:12 pm

When in doubt, just call and ask. Cannot hurt.

• Sonomawine August 2, 2014, 3:19 pm

Does this stack with FHR program– Can I earn points? And stack the $100 credit from AX and the 2+ night stays? Thanks!!

• TommyS August 2, 2014, 3:29 pm

Hi there – do you know if the RC Club upgrades can be used on award stays? I assume the $100 hotel credit must be on paid stays, correct? Thanks.

• Tattva August 2, 2014, 4:00 pm

What is 140k points worth ?

• Chris August 2, 2014, 4:41 pm

Hi,

I have one question. Is the 140,000 points for one ritz carlton sign up bonus or is it for the personal and business card together?

Thanks,

• The Weekly Flyer August 2, 2014, 5:01 pm

Hi Chris, the 140k Ritz Carlton point bonus is for 1 personal card.

• paul August 2, 2014, 5:10 pm

Any idea if you still qualify for the offer even with opening a marriott card recently?

• The Weekly Flyer August 2, 2014, 5:50 pm

The T&C’s they read to me was the same card within a 24 month period. Since the Marriott card is a different card…

• Jen August 2, 2014, 5:50 pm

the problem with the ritz is that most are just business hotels. very few are in destinations where someone would want to vacation. maui is obviously an exception. i have a few free days and cant find a good location to use them as i’ve been to maui a few times.

• Jason August 2, 2014, 5:52 pm

Hm not sure if this is better than the 70k offer with annual fee waived. Is 70k pts > $395?

• Juno August 2, 2014, 5:58 pm

Is this offer available to everyone? or targeted? Is that offer code good for everyone?

• Juno August 2, 2014, 6:03 pm

@Jason I think it’s a better offer than 70k with AF waived. Most bloggers value Marriott points at .7 cents so 70k points is worth $490. Not only that $395 is really just $95 IF you know you are going to be traveling and get the $300 back in Airline fee rebates.

• The Weekly Flyer August 2, 2014, 6:08 pm

I didn’t receive the offer directly, only called, provided the code, and was offered the bonus. So it was available to me, ymmv.

• antignos August 2, 2014, 9:56 pm

The card itself is very cool. Black Metal and very heavy like the black amex.

• choi August 2, 2014, 9:58 pm

another blogger that blogs about this card said it comes with breakfast for Gold Status, can you confirm this ?

• Norzan August 3, 2014, 3:13 am

I’m always wondering that how you are using those airline credits? I assume that you have elite status everywhere, so you can always get free checked baggages, free upgrade, free lounge access, and so on. Then if those credits are not allowed to be used on tickets, they are useless to you?

• VLT August 3, 2014, 10:39 am

what is the spend requirement for Year 2?

• Juno August 7, 2014, 12:07 pm

I just applied over the phone and got the standard 7 to 10 days for approval letter from the rep. Was your approval instant over the phone? Should I call the reconsideration line?

• The Weekly Flyer August 7, 2014, 12:35 pm

Hi Juno – My approval was on the spot.

• Rich August 7, 2014, 11:24 pm

Just tried calling to apply when I gave the code they said it was only valid if I applied online?

• The Weekly Flyer August 8, 2014, 1:26 am

HUCB?

• Travelgurl August 8, 2014, 8:52 am

I called and I was given the 10 days, “we’ll get back to you…” I have good credit, so, I don’t know what’s up with that. Overall, the offer is quite appealing.

• Matt August 19, 2014, 8:27 pm

I’m confused I thought that offer code was for $200 in airline credits. Also, since you provided your Marriott Rewards number so the points will be deposited into your Marriott account correct — I wasn’t aware you can have Ritz promo points deposited into Marriott?