This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
For a limited time through September 15, 2014, transfers from American Express Membership Rewards will come with a 25% bonus.
How To Transfer American Express Points
American Express Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for a number of items from gift cards to products to travel experiences. But I’ve found I get the best value from my American Express Membership Rewards points when I transfer them into one of the many partner travel programs. I can transfer my American Express points to a large number of airline and hotel programs, then redeem them for awards like free flights and free hotel stays. For a step by step illustration on how to transfer points, click here.
- Step 1: Log in to your American Express Membership Rewards Account
- Step 2: Select “Go To Membership Rewards”
- Step 3: Select Transfer Points
- Step 4: Pick the program
- Step 5: Enter The Amount of Points
- Step 6: Verify Credit Card
- Step 7: Verify Selections
- Step 8: Verify transaction was completed
American Express Membership Rewards program allows members to earn points with everyday spend on select American Express credit cards like:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN
- American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- The Amex EveryDaySM Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDaySM Preferred Credit Card from American Express
Get 25% Bonus Transferring To JetBlue
The 25% bonus on transferred American Express Membership Rewards points goes through September 15, 2014.
Get 25% more TrueBlue points® when you transfer Membership Rewards® points to your JetBlue TrueBlue account. Offer ends September 15, 2014.
Terms, conditions, and restrictions apply. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. You must be enrolled in JetBlue TrueBlue in order to participate in this offer, visit membershiprewards.com/jetblue to enroll. American Express is not responsible for availability of flight, accommodations or any other rewards in the merchant program. Once you have transferred Membership Rewards® points, they become subject to the Terms and Conditions of the merchant program and cannot be transferred back to your Membership Rewards program account. Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges, apply on JetBlue redemption flights and upgrades. See JetBlue TrueBlue Terms and Conditions for details. Individual air carrier restrictions may apply. Minimum transfer is 250 Membership Rewards points. Redeem for this exclusive offer from 12:00 a.m. CST on August 15, 2014 to 11:59 p.m. CST on September 15, 2014, to receive 25% additional TrueBlue points. Additional TrueBlue points will be awarded at the time of transfer. For each conversion of points into the Frequent Flyer program of a U.S. airline, a fee of $0.0006 per point, with a maximum fee of $99, will be charged to your Card account. We charge this fee to offset the federal excise tax we must pay on such conversions. The fee may be more or less than the actual amount of the excise tax we pay on any individual conversion. We may offer you the option to redeem points to pay this fee. POID: BGR3:0001
Transferring American Express Membership Rewards points to JetBlue between now and September 15, 2014 can earn a 25% bonus. I’d consider this option to top off my account for an award or to get enough points into my account for an award when a revenue ticket is too expensive. But I wouldn’t speculatively transfer points if you don’t have an award in mind.
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- How To Save 20% Off Points Awards With American Express Pay With Points
- How To Increase Chances For Targeted American Express Offers
- Free Hilton Gold Status for Cardholders
- New American Express Platinum Card Benefits Announced
- Save $50 Off $250 Hotel Room With American Express And TripAdvisor
- $5 Statement Credit from American Express with Shop Small