This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
As I blogged last week, American Express’s Small Business Saturday will be better then last year with each registered American Express Card eligible for up to $30 in statement credits vs. only $10 last year!
You might think it sounds funny that I am so excited for Small Business Saturday but, with the number of American Express cards that we have as a family, we are looking at being able to cash in on some serious statement credits!
Register every American Express Card you have – personal and business – both primary and additional cards. Cards like:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card
- Bluebird® by American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
I’m Psyched And Ready For Small Business Saturday
1.) Looking at how many cards I have that will be eligible for the promotion. New for this year, American Express Bluebird and Serve cards are eligible. Mrs. WeeklyFlyer doesn’t have a Bluebird account yet, so this is one area we can add a card to get another $30 in credits.
2.) Accessing if I or Mrs. WeeklyFlyer need to apply for more cards. Are there any offers that I was thinking about taking advantage of anyway and apply for them now so that I will have the card for Small Business Saturday. This way I can take advantage of the additional $30 in credits.
3.) Adding authorized users to my American Express cards that don’t have a fee to do so. Authorized user cards with unique card numbers have always been eligible for their own statement credits on Small Business Saturday so, I am making sure that we can cash in a little bigger by adding Mrs. WeeklyFlyer to some of my cards. I don’t have many cards that will work for this plan because they charge a fee to add an authorized user but, something to consider if you do.
How To Register
I have 5 cards that should be eligible this year which is equal to $150 in statement credits! Not too shabby!
What are your strategies to maximizing Small Business Saturday?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.