This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
One of my favorite cards in my wallet is my The Platinum Card® from American Express since it offers so many perks for travelers including amazing lounge access privileges to the new American Express Centurion Lounges. The current Platinum Card From American Express sign-up bonus is 40,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in first 3 months. The card comes with a $450 annual fee but I think the benefits make keeping the card in my wallet well worth it.
Platinum Card From American Express
Here are some of my other favorite benefits the card offers:
Airport Club Access Program with Priority Pass Select
- The Platinum Card From American Express comes with complimentary Airport Club Access1 to The Centurion Lounges and Delta Sky Clubs, and you can enroll in Priority Pass Select at no additional cost. These programs provide you access to over 600 domestic and international airport lounges.
- Card Members also have complimentary access to Airspace lounges in Baltimore-Washington International Airport, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and John F. Kennedy International (JFK) Airport.
American Express Centurion Lounge Locations:
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (Concourse D, opposite Gate D1)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (Terminal D, opposite Gate D17 on the upper level)
- New York’s LaGuardia Airport (Terminal B, pre-security, on the third level
- Miami and San Francisco Opening Soon
- Up to $200 a year in credits for incidental fees charged by the airline to your Platinum Card From American Express Account.
- Includes eligible charges from the airline such as checked bags, in-flight refreshments, flight-change fees, oversize baggage fees, airport lounge day-passes, pet-kennel fees, and phone reservation fees.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Use your Platinum Card From American Express globally without incurring the foreign transaction fees
- No need to enroll or apply
Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre Check
- Receive a statement credit every 5 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre✓ ($85) with an eligible Platinum Card From American Express.
- If approved, you can get expedited screening at select airports. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA Pre✓ . Each Additional Card on eligible Card accounts is also eligible for one statement credit every 5 years for an application fee. To receive the statement credit, the application fee must be charged on the eligible Additional Card.
Free Boingo WiFi
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Wi-Fi access when you enroll in the Boingo American Express Preferred Plan. Receive Wi-Fi access on up to four devices to more than 1,000,000 hotspots worldwide and pay no Wi-Fi roaming fees.
- Confirm eligibility, and then access Boingo’s Wi-Fi services by creating a Boingo American Express Preferred Plan account.
Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status
- As a Platinum Card From American Express Card Member, you can upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status without meeting any stay requirements
- Benefits include an enhanced room at check-in when available and 4 p.m. late Checkouts
- To enroll, call 1-800-525-3355. Use your SPG number when booking at Starwood properties.
Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Enjoy access to complimentary benefits and competitive rates with each Fine Hotels & Resorts booking at over 750 extraordinary properties worldwide.
Premium Global Assist Hotline
- When you travel more than 100 miles from home, you have 24/7 medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, passport replacement, cash wires and more. Card Members may be responsible for the costs charged by third-party service providers.
- Shop with added confidence and Purchase Protection28, which can help protect eligible purchases made with the Platinum Card From American Express in the event they are accidentally damaged, stolen, or lost for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- Why is it that as soon as a manufacturer’s warranty runs out, something always seems to happen? When you use your Platinum Card From American Express for eligible purchases, you can get up to one extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- If you try to return an eligible item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won’t take it back, American Express may refund the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling), up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 annually per Card account, if you purchased it entirely with your eligible Platinum Card From American Express. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
Platinum Card Concierge
- The Platinum Card From American Express Concierge staff is happy to take on those personal tasks so you can have time to do what you want.
- From help with restaurant reservations and special event planning to gift suggestions and research, the Platinum Card® Concierge staff is always prepared to assist you day and night.
I think the The Platinum Card® from American Express card provides a lot of great benefits including Delta Sky Club access (just for the cardholder), Priority Pass Select, Air Space Lounge Access, American Express Centurion Lounge Access, $200 Airline Fee Credit, Global Entry and Starwood Gold Status to name a few.
What’s your favorite benefit of The Platinum Card® from American Express?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.