This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
British Airways and Hyatt have teamed up to offer double bonus Avios Points on every eligible Hyatt stay. The promotion does not have a limit to the amount of Avios points you can earn during the promotion period from October 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014. Another good part about the promotion is it appears this promotion works on a 1 night stay. The normal earning rate for Hyatt stays with Avios points is 500 per stay, so this will double that bonus to 1,000 per stay.
This promotion might make sense for some people who do not have Hyatt Diamond status. For those that have Diamond status, the 1,000 Diamond bonus points is worth more in my opinion. But for those without status, the best part is 1,000 Avios points can get you almost 1/4th of the way to the lowest redemption level of 4,500 Avios points for a one-way short haul flight. Using the 4,500 Avios Point redemption on American Airlines is my favorite way to maximize value when using my Avios Points.
How To Earn 1,000 Bonus Avios Points
- Book eligible Hyatt Hotel Stay between October 1 and December 31, 2014
- Use offer code BA376 when making the reservation
- Book eligible Hyatt stay between 10/1/2014 and 12/31/14
- Only one award of 1,000 bonus Avios will be applied per guest room, per eligible stay, per Eligible Participant
- There is no maximum on the number of stays per Eligible Participant during the Promotional Period
- Eligible Rate is any Participating Property published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com or any Hyatt Gold Passport, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Rate, AAA and Senior Citizen rates
Terms And Conditions
To be eligible for this promotion, Eligible Participants must enrol with the Hyatt Gold Passport program, select British Airways Executive Club Avios as their earning preference and use offer code BA376 when making the necessary advanced reservation.
All Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions apply.
Offer available for new bookings made between 1 October 2014 and 31 December 2014 for stays from 1 October 2014 until the 31 December 2014 (“Promotional Period”) at all Hyatt Hotels (“Participating Properties”).
Double Avios is applicable for stays booked and completed at any Eligible Rate. For the purpose of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” is any Participating Property published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com or any Hyatt Gold Passport, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Rate, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. Rates which are not eligible are any discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, third party Internet wholesale rates, traditional wholesale rates (including, but not limited to, those rates obtained from sites such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt Vacation Club stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms. (a “contracted room” being one that is reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed-upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Full details of eligible and ineligible rates can be found on Hyatt’s terms and conditions.
A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same Participating Property, i.e. from check-in to check-out irrespective of the length of stay.
To receive bonus Avios you must request offer code BA376 at time of reservation and check-in, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport and British Airways Executive Club Member number at check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered, and choose British Airways Executive Club Avios for your stay at a participating hotel (“Participating Hotel”) during the promotion period. A Participating Hotel is any hotel at Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™ or Hyatt Zilara™worldwide.
Only one award of 1,000 bonus Avios will be applied per guest room, per eligible stay, per Eligible Participant,. There is no maximum on the number of stays per Eligible Participant during the Promotional Period.
The best part about this promotion is that it is unlimited and it appears you can earn 1,000 bonus Avios points per 1 night stay meaning almost 1/4th of the way to a one-way short haul flight. But this promotion won’t be for everyone, particularly the top tier status members with Hyatt who I believe would be better off earning the bonus Hyatt points through the welcome amenity.
If you are looking for extra Avios Points, consider the British Airways Visa Signature® Card which comes with bonus miles after meeting minimum spending.
- British Airways 4,500 One-Way Award, Doubling Your Point Value, And Combining Accounts
- How To Get 10% Off British Airways Flights
- 4,500 British Airways Awards For Less – Only 3,334 American Express Membership Rewards Pionts With 35% Transfer Bonus
- Easy way to find AA record locator when booking through BA.com
- Trip To New York For 17k Miles With Three Airlines And A Bus
- Booking Cheap Awards With Must Have Airline Points For Serious Frequent Flyers
- British Airways Family Account – How To Establish And Use One
- British Airways Avios Bonus Offer – Great For Short And Long Haul Flights
- British Airways First Class London To Atlanta
- British Airways First Class Happy Hour
- Lunch In British Airways Concorde Room
- London Concorde Room Walkthrough
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room And British Airways 1A On A319
- British Airways Club Lounge in Edinburgh (This post)
- Best US Airways Redemptions Using British Airways Avios
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.