This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Marriott requires Elite Qualifying nights in order to achieve status each year. To earn Marriott Silver, Gold and Platinum Elite levels they require you to book and stay at Marriott properties for 10, 50 and 75 nights respectively. But with this one simple trick, you can earn your first Marriott night (or anywhere in between) for free.
Marriott Elite Qualifying Night
All you have to do is add your birthday to your account. Then when Marriott sends out their Birthday wish to you, be sure you take their gift (in email) and open it.
Once you open the email and select the link, you’ll be directed to a website where you can claim your Marriott Elite night.
Simply enter your name and Marriott member number and you’ll receive a confirmation that the night will be credited to your account.
How To Add Your Birthday
To get this present, Marriott needs to know when your birthday is. So to add your birthday, simply log-in to Marriott’s website. Go to your profile, and then designate your birth month and day. That’s it.
Terms And Conditions
This offer is non-transferable. Members who have received the Happy Birthday message from Marriott Rewards and confirm their identity are eligible to receive 1 Elite night credit for the calendar year.
With this one simple trick, you should receive a birthday present from Marriott that will get you 1 Elite night closer to achieving status each year.
Have you used this trick before? Did you get a different Birthday present? Please share any experiences in the comment section.
- Marriott Free Breakfast for Gold and Platinum Members
- Marriott MegaBonus Promotion 2015 – Double Points Up To 25,000
- Update to Free Marriott Platinum Status
- Overview of Marriott Platinum Status
- Marriott Platinum Status For 40,000 Points–Retention Offer
- 9 Stays And Marriott Platinum Status Has Arrived
- Marriott Platinum Status After Only 9 Stays
- 140,000 Marriott Bonus Points With 2 Credit Cards
- Why I’m Sticking With My Marriott Gold Status
- Overview of Marriott Gold Status
- Overview of Marriott Silver Status
- United and Marriott Extend RewardsPlus for 2014
- Get 21 Ritz Carlton Club Upgraded Nights And Automatic Gold Status
- Saving Marriott Points With Ritz Carlton Point Savers
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.