This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
It’s still 1st quarter of 2015, which means now is the best time to get look at your credit card strategy and maximize earning points and miles as well as status with credit cards. In this credit card review series, we’ll take a look at some of the credit cards in the travel space and share with you the benefits of the cards along with reasons to pick up the card or not.
In this post, we’ll look at the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®, which was awarded the Best Travel Rewards AND Best Card for Travel Abroad for 2014 by Money.
Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® Benefits
Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
- 0% intro APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR currently 14.99% or 18.99%, depending on your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases – Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- Chip card for increased confidence and convenience to pay abroad as easily as you do at home
- Redeem your miles for travel statement credits – redemptions start at 2,500 miles for $25 toward travel purchases made in the last 120 days
- Get 10% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem for travel statement credits
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers
40,000 Bonus Miles
You will earn 40k bonus miles after you spend $3k in the first 90 days. 40k miles = $400 travel statement credit!
0% APR for 12 months
For each balance transfer made within 45 days of account opening, you’ll have 0% APR for 12 months. After 12 months, 11.99% or 18.99% depending on your credit.
2x Miles On All Purchases
Miles don’t expire as long as your account is in good standing. Miles can be redeemed for travel statement credits. 2,500 miles = $25 travel statement credit towards purchases within the last 120 days.
10% Miles Back
Every time you redeem for travel statement credits, you’ll get 10% miles back to use towards your next redemption.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
Chip and Pin Technology Card
Complementary Online FICO score
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® has no annual fee for the first year. In addition, this card is great because you can use the miles to redeem for any airline, any kind of travel. You will earn 40k for the sign up bonus plus 10% when you redeem the miles which is an instant benefit of $440 in travel credits off your bill; which I think makes this card really worth while! This card was awarded Money’s Best Travel Rewards AND Best Card for Travel Abroad for 2014!
KEY LINK: Apply for Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.