This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The other day I shared with you an overview of a new Discover card, the Discover It Miles card. With the Discover It Miles credit card you’ll earn miles that can be redeemed for travel or statement credits. The best thing about this new card is they are offering an exclusive promotional offer where cardmember’s will have the miles they earn in the first year doubled.
You will get a base of 1.5x miles on all your purchases. After you use your new Discover It Miles credit card for the first 12 months, Discover will double all the miles that you have earned, with no limit!
Redeeming Miles With Discover It Miles Credit Card
So, now you have applied for and received your Discover It Miles card; what can you do with all the miles that you are going to be racking up?
- Your miles never expire and you can redeem your miles for any amount
- You can redeem to credit your travel purchases on your statement made in the last 180 days
- You can redeem your miles to get the cash back as an electronic deposit to your bank account
- There are no blackout dates on your travel purchases and you can fly any airline, any time
- Any way you redeem, 1 Mile is the cash equivalent of 1 penny
- Travel Purchases: Travel Purchases include a purchase made within the last 180 days on commercial airline tickets; hotel rooms; car rentals; cruises; tour operators; vacation packages purchased through airlines, travel agents, online travel sites; local and suburban commuter transportation, including ferries; passenger railways; taxicabs and limousines; and charter/tour bus lines. Purchases made using Near Field Communication (NFC), virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible.
Discover It Miles Credit Card Overview
You’ll get 1.5x unlimited miles for every purchase on the Discover It Miles card.
At the end of your first year (12 months) with the card, you will get your miles DOUBLED up to no limit! *This promotional offer may not be offered in the future.
Up to $30 Back Wi-Fi
You can get up to $30 back annually when you buy in-flight Wi-Fi, you will get the money back in a statement credit. I will certainly make good use of this benefit.
Free FICO Score
You will get your FICO score for free on monthly statements, mobile app and online.
No foreign transaction fee
There are no foreign transaction fees on this card. I wouldn’t use a card that comes with foreign transaction fees since there are so many that don’t.
No Annual Fee
There is no annual fee with this card. That’s great, especially since you’ll earn 1.5x on every dollar spent.
Key Link to Apply: Discover It Miles credit card
Overall, the Discover It Miles Credit Card has a lot of great benefits for a no fee card. In particular, the doubled miles for the first year! That is on all our purchases, not just some categories like other credit cards. After the first year, you will still earn the 1.5x miles on purchases. The Discover It Miles Credit Card has no foreign transaction fees making it a great card to travel with. You can use your miles to redeem for credit for travel purchases made in the last 180 days on any airline or you can redeem your miles for cash back as an electronic deposit to your bank account. If you haven’t gotten this card yet, it may be worth considering especially with this double miles in the first year offering.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.