This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
It’s that time of year again. When all of the loyalty executives from airlines, hotel and credit card companies to name a few get together to celebrate what is otherwise the “customers choice” awards of the travel and loyalty industry. The Freddie Awards converges on the great city of Atlanta this week to celebrate the annual event which was started in 1995 to honor the late Freddie Laker.
Freddie Awards Events In Atlanta
If you plan to make it to the Freddie Awards this year, there are several hot tickets to get. Here are a few in case you are planning to attend or scrounge a ticket to one of these events.
- Invitation Only Cocktail Reception: This Airline and Gogo are sponsoring an invitation only event that starts at 7:30 PM sharp. One of the hottest tickets in town.
- Cocktail Reception: This gathering before the awards ceremony is a chance to check out Delta’s new Flight Museum and hob nob with the best of the airline, hotel, loyalty and some analysts who cover the industry
- Freddie Awards Ceremony – The main event starts at 7 PM sharp; don’t be late
- Delta Plane Pull – More than 1,500 Delta people will attend a plane pull in an effort to raise money for the American Cancer Society at the Delta Jet Drag on May 1!
- Last year they raised over $170,000 for the American Cancer Society – the question is can they beat that this year? I think so!
- Grass roots invitation only Delta frequent flyer event hosted by none other than
If you’re an airline and hotel loyalty program fan, this week Atlanta has all the action. There may be a few more events and feel free to drop a note in the comments if you see one missing.
Which events do you plan to attend?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.