This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Uber is a service that enables you to book a car service with the tap of your finger on your smartphone or mobile device. Depending on which of the hundreds of cities that you are in, you can also get different levels of car service ranging from UberX (a low-cost sedan), UberBlack, UberSUV and more.
If you happen to live in either Los Angeles or New York, you can take advantage of $5 rides with their UberPool service, which essentially is a carpool service with other people.
- Open your app
- Select the uberPOOL option at the bottom of your screen
- You may be matched with another rider going the same way
- Whether or not you’re matched, your fare to or from Williamsburg will cost no more than $5
- $5 flat rates apply automatically for trips starting and ending along the L Line in the areas highlighted in blue:
- Flat rates will run between 11:30pm on Fridays until 5am on Mondays from April 17 – May 18
- Surge does not apply to these $5 flat rates
uberPOOL is currently available from the Westside (including LAX) to Downtown LA. We’ve divided our coverage area into the West Zone and East Zone, with La Cienega Boulevard forming the dividing line.
For a limited time only, rides that begin and end in a single zone are a maximum of $5, and rides that begin in one zone and end in the other are a maximum of $15!* Valid uberPOOL trips must end at the destination entered in-app when requesting.
Check out how far you can POOL with these awesome rates:
- Beverly Hills to LAX: $5
- West Hollywood to Silver Lake: $5
- Santa Monica to Downtown LA: $15
If you live in New York or Los Angles or will be traveling to either of those cities, you’ll be able to take advantage of these $5 Uber rides for a limited time. Remember for both of these options, you must select the UberPool option.
In addition, if you haven’t tried Uber yet, you can get a $20 credit on your first ride when you sign up here.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.