This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
As a Hyatt Diamond member myself, I’m excited to hear that Hyatt is bringing back its Challenge offer. This time around, you won’t be granted Hyatt Diamond status right off the bat, you’ll have to stay 12 nights and THEN you’ll receive the status.
Details of the new offer:
- There is not a Diamond Trial period. Members have to complete the 12-night requirement before receiving Diamond status.
- No competitive tier statement is required to qualify for Diamond fast track offer.
- New and current base members can register to earn trial Platinum status and if they achieve 6 nights during their 60 day promotional period they will earn Platinum until 2/2017. The member will also be automatically registered to receive Diamond status through 2/2017 if they complete another 6 nights, for a total of 12 nights, during their 60 day promotional period.
- Platinum members can be registered to receive Diamond status until 2/2017 if they complete 12 nights in 60 days.
- Offer registration valid June 1, 2015 through April 30, 2016.
As a reminder Hyatt Diamond benefits include:
- Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points
- Enjoy the best room available upon arrival, excluding suites
- Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge
- Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights
- Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay
- Receive a nightly room refresh
- Receive the confirmed bed type at check-in
- Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access
- Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members
- Ensure a room is always available with our 48-hour guarantee
- Extend your stay until 4:00 p.m. with a late check out request
- Book reservations through an exclusive Diamond line
- Guest of Honor
- United Club Passes
- Premium Wi-Fi
Even though the offer isn’t as generous as before, now is still the best time to start the challenge, since the status earned will be good through February 2017, which is about 20 months of status.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.