This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Now that July is here, it means that American Airlines has officially rolled out its new improvements to their food and wine they serve in their premium cabins and Flagship Lounges. In addition to the new meals, they claim to be making healthier choices by reducing the use of heavy sauces, and adding fresh salads and a quality wine cellar. American is also expanding their service on the East Coast, which wrote about earlier.
American Airlines is also refreshing its domestic First Class meals with a lunch-time entrée salad option on certain flights; as well as enhancing their light bite snack from a selection of finger sandwiches to a plated snack with fresh choices such as hummus, spinach dip and charcuterie.
In addition to the new meals onboard, you’ll find enhanced options in their Flagship lounges in New York-JFK, Los Angeles, and Chicago-ORD.
Per American: Customers will also notice more choices. In international First Class, for instance, they will now have an option of three red wines and three white wines, instead of two of each.
Examples of new transcontinental First Class items:
- Spicy crab with sushi rice, avocado and wasabi aioli (appetizer)
- Lobster risotto with shaved Brussels sprouts, lemon oil and parmesan Crisp
- Wagyu meatloaf with Sriracha ketchup, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and candied onions
- Baby sunburst squash and zucchini (Eastbound side vegetable)
Examples of new Flagship items:
- South American Peruvian causa yellow potato, West Coast Dungeness crab and aji amarillo basil cilantro oil
- European ricotta whipped with lemon and extra virgin olive oil, ciabatta crostini
- Asian cool sesame soba noodles and chicken satay
- Strawberry banana smoothie
Examples of new domestic First Class items:
- Antipasto skewers (appetizer)
- Romaine and kale salad (salad)
- Beef filet with lobster mac n’ cheese
- Lentil chili with polenta cakes
Have you had a chance to experience American’s new meals yet either onboard or in the Flagship Lounges?
Feel free to comment below!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.