This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Starwood Preferred Guest currently has an offer for those residing within Asia, in which you can earn SPG Gold status after just one stay with this offer.
As Loyalty Lobby mentions, this offer is targeted to World or World Elite MasterCard holders and you’ll need to input the first six digits, though a simple google search and you should be able to find this.
As a reminder, if you spend $30,000 or more in eligible purchases in a calendar year with your Starwood American Express, you’ll be granted complimentary SPG Gold Status and the American Express Platinum Card provides annual SPG Gold Status as well.
- Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of and agreement with these Terms of Promotion.
- The Promotion is valid only for World and World Elite MasterCard cardholders with residence in Asia Pacific who are enrolled as Starwood Preferred Guest® Program members (“SPG Members”) at the Preferred Guest® Tier, and who have registered for the Promotion, qualified with an eligible stay and made full payment for the eligible stay and all services during the eligible stay with a World and World Elite MasterCard (Qualified SPG Members”).
- If not already an SPG Member, World and World Elite MasterCard cardholders may enroll online at http://www.spg.com/worldmastercardgold.
- Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest® Program is governed by terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest® Program which can be found at http://www.spg.com/worldmastercardgold or www.spg.com. The Starwood Preferred Guest® Program Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Promotion are subject to change without notice.
- To register for the Promotion, all existing or new eligible SPG Members can register online at http://www.spg.com/worldmastercardgold.
- This program is only eligible for World and World Elite MasterCard’s issued in Asia Pacific. Verification includes the first 6 digits of your World or World Elite MasterCard and a one-time bank code.
- World MasterCard cardholders who are residents of Japan shall not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- To enjoy the complimentary upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest® Gold Tier membership, eligible SPG Members must first register for the Promotion and then make one eligible stay in any of the hotels or resorts within the Asia Pacific region that are owned, managed or franchised by the Starwood Group before 31 July 2015, and make full payment for the eligible stay and all services during the eligible stay with a World MasterCard. This upgrade offer is a one-time upgrade per member.
If you’re looking for an easy way to earn SPG Gold Status if you live in Asia (or make an account with an address within Asia), this is a great offer, since SPG Gold Status normally required 10 stays or 25 nights.
Hat Tip: Loyalty Lobby
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.