This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Marriott Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card.
How You Earn Marriott Elite Lifetime Status
Once you reach a milestone, you can attain a higher level and your lifetime status is yours to keep forever!
Marriott Lifetime Status Details
Lifetime Platinum Elite status is offered after the following qualifications are met:
- Guest has earned 750 Elite nights over the history of the Marriott Rewards account.
- Guest has accrued 2,000,000 total points earned during the history of the account.
For Lifetime Gold Elite, the Elite night requirement is 500 nights and the point requirement is 1,600,000.
For Lifetime Silver Elite, the Elite night requirement is 250 nights and the point requirement is 1,200,000.
Ways to earn Elite Nights faster
Here are some ways that you can rack up nights faster:
- You get 10 nights credit for holding a meeting, special event or even reserving a block of rooms.
- You get 15 credits towards Elite status by having the Marriott Rewards Credit Card.
Extra nights above these will rollover to the following year.
- Silver Elite – Nights in excess of 10
- Gold Elite – Nights in excess of 50
- Platinum Elite – Nights in excess of 75
- Platinum Premier Elite – The top percentage of Platinum Elite travelers, calculated annually
Remember that these qualifiers are over the lifetime of your Marriott account, so you can keep working on Lifetime status and keep it once you hit the first milestone of Lifetime Silver Elite. It is cool that Marriott’s Lifetime status doesn’t require a certain number of years in order to qualify like some other programs. This makes it easier to achieve if you are new to Marriott and perhaps are staying at Marriott every week. You can get there faster.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.