This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
According to Reuters, Lufthansa’s “Cabin crew start walkouts from 1300 GMT Friday.” Here are the highlights of the strike:
* Strikes hit Frankfurt, Duesseldorf on Fri, Sat
* Saturday strike to last 17 hours
* Lufthansa cancels 290 Fri flights, 37,500 passengers affected (Adds details of Saturday walkout)
Lufthansa Cancels 290 Flights: Strikes To Start Today
On the first day of a planned week of protest over failed pension talks, flight attendants were instructed to strike at Frankfurt, Lufthansa’s biggest hub, and Duesseldorf between 1300 and 2200 GMT, affecting around 37,500 passengers.
That will be followed by walkouts on short-haul flights from Frankfurt and all flights from Duesseldorf between 0500 GMT and 2200 GMT on Saturday, the UFO union announced.
Lufthansa said it had cancelled 290 flights planned for Friday including 15 long-haul departures, which are typically more profitable for carriers. Eight long-haul flights will still take off, it said.
The walkout comes after Lufthansa and the union failed to reach an agreement in a long-running row over early retirement benefits and pensions.
Strikes by pilots have already cost Lufthansa 130 million euros so far this year.
Read the article in its entirety here, Reuters.
If your flights are affected, you can go to Lufthansa’s website for more information and rebooking or call call the US Lufthansa service center at 1-800-645-3880.
The following conditions must be observed:
– Rebooking within the same booking class
– Tickets must be issued on/before 6.11.2015
– New date of travel must be on/before 28.2.2016
– Change of origin/destination and class of service/compartment are not permitted
– For all other ticket conditions, original fare conditions apply
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.