This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
It’s no secret that I am a big fan of AirBnb. We are starting to use it more and more and I suspect that many of you are also catching on to how great it is. But, a post by Onemileatatime has caught my eye and got me thinking about the applications for Airbnb going forward.
Lufthansa Selling Tickets On Airbnb?
It looks like Lufthansa is selling premium economy seats between Frankfurt and New York on Airbnb at the cost of 699EUR for a roundtrip, valid for tickets from Frankfurt to New York. Say what?
Here’s the listing info:
Our cabin isn’t in the woods, but in the sky! Personal food and beverage service at 910km/h.
Multimedia entertainment is included in our Lufthansa Premium Economy Seat from Frankfurt to NYC and WiFi is available. Includes return flight.
This is a booking of a Premium Economy Seat on a Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt, Germany, to New York City, USA.
– You can book this wonderful seat within the following travel period 08.23.2016 – 12.15.2016. The booking is non-refundable but can be altered for a fee.
– You can drop off 2 pieces of luggage.
– Feeder flights are not part of the deal.
– Minimum stay is 4 days.
– You cannot stay longer than 1 month.
– The Deutsche Lufthansa AG pays the host charges of 3%. The AirBnB charges will be payed by you.
– This flight cannot be cancelled.
– After a booking request, the Lufthansa Call Center will try 3 times to reach you via telephone. After that, they will send you an email. The Call Center will call you within 2 hrs after requesting the booking. This will be within their opening hours between 08:00 and 22:00 h CET.
We have used AirBnb now enough times to see a couple different scenarios. Mainly, we rent from homeowners of vacation homes, but sometimes we see rental companies or management companies using Airbnb to market their client’s homes. One time, we even were able to switch to a totally different Airbnb rental via the management/rental agency (once we arrived) because we didn’t like the one that we committed to via Airbnb. But, Lufthansa selling seats between Frankfurt and New York on Airbnb is certainly a new concept for me! What’s next?
Have you tired AirBnb yet? You can read more about my experiences with AirBnb below.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.