This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The last week of August, Chase rocked our world with the offering of an amazing 100K bonus points on the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. The great news is that this offer is publicly offered and still available (as of today 9/6/16.) You can see all the Banks that we have offer for here. To see all offers you can click on the “Other Points & Travel Credit Cards” tab under ‘Rewards Cards.’ Then check out the link that says “Click Here for card offers by issuing Bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank that you are interested in.
Finally Approved For The Chase Sapphire Reserve 100K Offer
Finally today, I received confirmation of my approval. My application had been pending requiring some additional information for about a week. I called them to give them so more financials, etc. I offered to reallocate some of my credit from another Chase Card to the Chase Sapphire Reserve if it would help and they said that it would make it easier and faster. It was only another 4 days after that I received this email letting me know that my new card would arrive soon.
Why I Applied For The Chase Sapphire Reserve 100K Offer
As a reminder, you may be considering this offer still and wondering if the $450 annual fee is worth it. The annual fee is not waived the first year. But, I think it’s worth paying the annual fee. Here’s why I applied for the card.
Benefits Of the Card That Offset The Annual Fee
- You will earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points which is worth about $1,500 in travel booked through the Chase Portal after completing the minimum spending requirements.
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve gives you Priority Pass Select for access to airport lounges.
- You also get $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
- You also get the $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases such as airfare and hotels charged to your card. So you’ll be able to earn the $300 in 2016 and get the $300 credit again in early 2017. Basically, you will be earning $600 in travel credit with just 1 $450 annual fee.
- Read about the Chase Sapphire Reserve 100K Offer: Travel Protections here.
If you are still waiting on approval, don’t worry it shouldn’t be too much longer. I was able to call them and get my approval expedited pretty easily. I am sure with all the applications, they are a little backed up right now. Now, what am I going to do with my 100k bonus?
I’m pretty excited about the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card offer and I think it’s worth paying the annual fee. The 100K bonus points is with about $1,500 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. You also get the $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases such as airfare and hotels charged to your card. So you’ll be able to earn the $300 in 2016 and get the $300 credit again in early 2017. Basically, you will be earning $600 in travel credit with just 1 $450 annual fee. Pretty sweet! How about you, have you applied for this offer yet?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.