This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
Frequent travelers go through a lot while on the road causing stress to the mind and body. Hospitality and Leisure companies know this, and some are taking steps to help you manage it. For example, Marriott Stay Well Rooms are designed to help the traveler minimize negative aspects of travel and improve the experience. Vitamin C Showers, Mood Lighting, Jet Lag Tools and other features are offered as part of the experience.
Marriott Stay Well Background
Marriott claims the Marriott Stay Well concept help avoid the wears and tears of the road and improve your overall customer experience at their properties.
If you book a Marriott Stay Well Room in a hotel such as the Marriott Marquis, you’ll get benefits outlined in the linked PDF (from the Marriott website). The program includes benefits such as:
- Air purification to reduce pollen allergens, mold spores and other particulates and microbes in the air
- Aromatherapy all-natural essential oils to create a calm, mood-enhancing environment
- Circadian mood lighting for guests to personalize the in-room light environment to enhance sleep, energy and productivity
- Cleaning protocol that uses non-toxic cleaning products and UV lighting to reduce bacteria, viruses and other microbes
- Specialized lighting including a dawn simulator to gently wake you, energizing light to suppress melatonin and reduce jet lag and long wave night lighting to minimize sleep disruption
- Vitamin C-infused shower that reduces chlorine to keep hair and skin soft and smooth
- Stay Well™ mattress and encasements with natural memory foam for optimal support and comfort to help maintain a more enjoyable sleep environment
- Stay Well mobile app with information about in-room features, a Jet Lag tool and complimentary Cleveland Clinic Wellness programs
How To Get A Marriott Stay Well Room
You must select a Marriott Stay Well room when booking your reservation or request one at check-in.
Find A Stay Well Room
Stay Well Rooms appear to be available at 7 hotels including the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and six Marriott properties including:
- Charlotte Marriott City Center
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- Richmond Marriott Short Pump
- Residence Inn Orlando Lake Nona
- Courtyard Orlando Lake Nona
- Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
I haven’t personally tried a Stay Well Room, but do think the concept is a nice idea. However, you don’t need a room to stay well on the road. However, I find practicing simply steps like getting rest, staying hydrated, eating healthy, avoiding drinking alcohol on long flights and using hand sanitation when on long trips in public places can help avoid the stress and wear on the body while traveling.
How about you – have you tried a Stay Well Room yet and do you have any tips for staying healthy and well on the road?