This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
United is offering a bonus to purchase miles. You have to log into your account to see what your targeted for as far as the bonus goes. I was targeted for 50% bonus United miles. If you have a particular redemption in mind and were targeted for a bigger bonus, this may make sense for you. Log in to see what bonus you were targeted for here.
United Bonus Miles Offer Ends Jan 23
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT on January 23, 2017.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles.
- Bonuses will be calculated on a per transaction basis only. The bonus amount applicable to a transaction is shown in the chart. Transactions may not be aggregated to calculate the bonus.
- Bonus Miles will be credited to the recipient’s account when the transaction is complete.
- Bonus miles count towards the 150,000 mile annual limit per account.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.
- GST/HST is charged to Canadian residents.
- Powered by Points to purchase United MileagePlus miles. Transaction will appear as ‘Points United Miles’.
You can see here what bonus you are targeted for and if it makes sense to purchase miles at that level. May make sense for some who have a redemption in mind where the cost of the miles is less then the price of buying your ticket.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.