This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
American Express has just launched some limited time offers on both the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, where you can earn 35,000 bonus Starpoints per card for signing up and meeting the spending requirements. If you were to pick these both up, that would equate to 70,000 bonus Starpoints.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Limited Time Offer- Earn an extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints® after you make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. Offer ends 4/5.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 35,000 bonus Starpoints® – Offer ends 04/05/2017.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn an extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints® after you make an additional $3,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG® Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint® for all other purchases.
- Redeem Starpoints® for free nights at over 1,300 hotels & resorts in over 100 countries and for free flights on over 150 airlines with SPG Flights. Some hotels and resorts have mandatory service charges.
- Free, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases and $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply
In addition to the high increase limited time-offers, those who are looking to earn Starwood Platinum Status, which requires 50 nights or 25 stays a year, may want to consider these cards, since you earn elite-qualifying nights with both of these cards.
The great thing is that you can actually double-dip and earn 10 nights/4 stays for SPG Platinum status if you have both the personal and the business, giving you 20% of the required nights you already need to earn the status, if you choose to qualify by nights.
Both the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express as well as the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express are great cards. The Business version of the card offers Sheraton Club access, which is an added benefit. Both offer great SPG earning power, no foreign transaction fees, and the ability to earn elite qualifying nights and stays.
With the limited time offer on both of these cards, the only question you should have is whether to get them both! Feel free to comment below with any questions.