This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
American Express looks to be sending out offers for the The Platinum Card® from American Express that does not have “once per lifetime language.” The current publicly offered offer is 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months. But, if you have already had the card before, you may want to check your emails for the targeted offer that does not appear to have the language for first time applicants only. If you received the offer, read the terms and make your best decision as to wether or not to apply as we have no data points on this offer. You can read more about the current Platinum Card offer here, Deal Alert: 60,000 Points Offer Amex Platinum Card.
American Express Platinum Card Offer No Lifetime Language (Targeted)
- “Congratulations. You’re Selected to Apply for An Exclusive Offer”
- “Congratulations (Name)! Get Exciting New Benefits with The Platinum Card® Membership”
One of my favorite cards when it comes to benefits is The Platinum Card® from American Express and American Express just launched even more benefits to this card this month, including $200 in Uber credits annually, just for having this card.
Taking a look at the new benefits:
- $200 Uber Credit: Cardholders will receive an annual $200 fee credit for Uber. If you are a Uber user, as long as you link your Platinum Card to your Uber account, you’ll actually get a $15 ride credit each month culminating with a $35 credit each December. This is in addition to being granted Uber VIP status, which can score you the highest Uber drivers.
- 5X Points on Hotels: Similar to the current benefit of earning 5X Points on airfare, you’ll now earn 5X points on hotels, however this is only valid for hotels booked through the amextravel site. In addition, Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings do not earn the added points.
- New Metal Card and Complimentary Gold Authorized Users: Taking after the Chase Sapphire Preferred, cardholders will now be issued metal cards with a new design. Additionally, authorized users will receive complimentary Gold cards before requiring a $45 fee.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is a great card offering a slew of benefits including lounge access to Delta Sky Clubs (when flying the airline), Amex Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass, Airspace and more. Cardholders also get Global Entry fee waivers, Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings and more.
The new perks are value added especially the Uber credit if you use Uber. You’re essentially getting an extra $200 of value annually for an additional $100. If you’re a cardholder I wouldn’t go ahead and cancel your card as I do think there is added value here.
- Transferable Points Credit Cards
- Overview of Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts for Platinum Cardholders
- New Benefit For American Express Platinum Cardholders
- Keeping SPG Gold Status With American Express Platinum Card
- Enroll for Priority Pass Select Access with Amex Platinum Card
- New Amex Business Platinum Card Benefit Coming Soon; Free GoGo Wi-Fi 10/Year
HT: Frequentmiler and reader Amanda