This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Delta has rolled out their new international Premium Economy cabin product, called Delta Premium Select. This will be offered on their A350 aircraft, which begins service between Detroit and Tokyo-Narita starting the end of October. Once Delta takes delivery of more A350 aircarfts, you’ll see Premium Select on flights from Detroit to both Seoul and Beijing.
Delta’s Premium Select Cabin
Here’s a quick rundown of what Delta Premium Select offers:
- More personal space with up to 38 inches of pitch, up to 19 inches of width and up to seven inches of recline. Delta Premium Select seats will also offer adjustable leg rests and headrests
- Westin Heavenly® In-Flight Blanket with pillow and a TUMI amenity kit featuring Malin+Goetz Travel Essentials
- Pre-departure beverage service followed by fresh, seasonal menu selections presented with Alessi serviceware designed exclusively for Delta
- An up to 13.3-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment screen that is among the largest in its class, allowing customers to stay entertained with Delta Studio’s industry-leading library of complimentary movies, shows and games, and noise-cancelling headphones
- In-seat power ports for large and small devices and convenient storage to keep them within reach
- Sky Priority service, which includes faster check-in, accelerated security, premium boarding and expedited baggage service.
Overall Delta Premium should offer a true international premium economy product, and one that will compete with international carriers, based on what’s offered.
Delta Premium Select Passengers Receive First Class Domestically
What’s interesting is that Delta is offering Premium Select passengers first class on their domestic portion of their trips. I find this very interesting and wouldn’t be surprised if they rethink their plan, and only offer them Comfort + domestically, but we’ll see. This is currently being offered for both award tickets as well as paid tickets.
Some Delta Passengers Received Premium Select for Free
Before Delta switched over their Detroit and Tokyo-Narita route to their A350 aircraft, they were offering Comfort + on this route. For those customers who were previously in Comfort +, either as a paid fare, or if a Medallion who chose it as an upgrade, Delta is accommodating these passengers in Premium Select on this route.
You should be rebooked automatically, but if this isn’t the case, be sure to reach out to Delta to get rebooked for free in Premium Select! This is true on all their routes which are being converted over to Premium Select.
If you are looking for more Delta miles, definitely check out the offers available right now on the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
Are you looking forward to flying Delta Premium Select? Feel free to comment below!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.