This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
It’s December, which means cardholders of the The Platinum Card® from American Express not only receive their monthly $15 in Uber credits, as this month they’ll get a $20 bonus for $35 in Uber credits.
As a reminder, cardholders also get Uber VIP automatically with the Platinum Card from American Express as well as the ability to earn 2X Membership Rewards points on U.S. rides.
Enjoy $20 in bonus credits this month to make your holidays a little brighter. That’s on top of the $15 in Uber credits you receive each month with your eligible American Express® card. Oh, what fun it is to ride!
As a reminder American Express added the following new benefits to the Amex Platinum card this year:
- $200 Uber Credit: Cardholders will receive an annual $200 fee credit for Uber. If you are a Uber user, as long as you link your Platinum Card to your Uber account, you’ll actually get a $15 ride credit each month culminating with a $35 credit each December. This is in addition to being granted Uber VIP status, which can score you the highest Uber drivers.
- 5X Points on Hotels: Similar to the current benefit of earning 5X Points on airfare, you’ll now earn 5X points on hotels, however this is only valid for hotels booked through the amextravel site. In addition, Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings do not earn the added points.
- New Metal Card and Complimentary Gold Authorized Users: Taking after the Chase Sapphire Preferred, cardholders will now be issued metal cards with a new design. Additionally, authorized users will receive complimentary Gold cards before requiring a $45 fee.
Card Link: The Platinum Card® from American Express
How do Amex credits work in the app?
- Enter your destination on the home screen.
- Tap the payment info at the bottom of the next screen.
- If you have a business or personal profile, tap “Change payment method.” If you don’t have a profile set up, you can skip this step. Amex credits cannot be applied when using an UberFAMILY profile. Amex credits will not be applied by default when using a business profile.
- On the Payment Options screen, you can select to turn Amex credits on or off.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.