This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
One benefit to the SkyMiles program is the ability to rollover Medallion Qualifying Miles each year. For those who earn more MQMs needed than your qualification level, the excess MQMs rollover to the following year.
When Will Delta Rollover Medallion Qualifying Miles MQMs Post
Per Delta, 2017 Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) will begin posting the week of January 8th, 2018. Please allow 1-2 weeks for Rollover MQMs to post to your SkyMiles account. Learn more about Rollover MQMs.
How Rollover MQMs work:
- MQMs automatically roll over to the next qualification year for Medallion Members who earn MQMs above their earned Medallion Status and have met the MQD Requirement.
- There is no maximum limit to the number of MQMs that can be rolled over.
- Rollover MQMs are available to earned Silver Medallion Members and above; Customers with earned General Membership qualifications are not eligible for Rollover MQMs.
- Members who receive complimentary or gifted Medallion Status are eligible for Rollover MQMs based on their earned Medallion Status.
- If a Member is gifted Gold Medallion Status in 2017 and also earns 30,000 MQMs and $3,000 MQDs in 2017, they will be able to roll over 5,000 MQMs since they met the earned Silver Medallion Qualification requirements level.
- If a Member is gifted Platinum Medallion Status in 2017 and also earns 22,000 MQMs and $7,000 MQDs in 2016, they will be ineligible for Rollover MQMs since they did not meet the qualification requirements for earned Silver Medallion Status.
Looking for a way to rack up some more SkyMiles easily?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.