This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
In this post I’ll share pictures from some of our activities on Moorea. We stayed 5 nights at the Hilton Moorea and were able to see the plenty the Island has to offer. This post is part of a larger trip report from our two week “Year of the B” trip to French Polynesia“. Moorea was the first island stop and we enjoyed swimming in the ocean, hiking, and a nice 4 hour car ride around the island.
French Polynesia Trip Report:
- ATL > LAX in DL Business Class and an over night at the Andaz West Hollywood
- LAX > PPT in Air France Business Class and ferry to Moorea
- Hilton Moorea Hotel Review
- Moorea Activities
- InterContinental Bora Bora
- Villa Mahana Restaurant Bora Bora
- Le Meridien Tahiti
- Ritz Carlton LAX and LAX > ATL in DL Business Class
Morning Swim Off Bungalow
Each morning it was easy to just dive right into the ocean since it is literally at your door step. The area around the bungalows was full of sea life. The swimming was easy with little to no current. Plenty of coral and fish to see if you are into snorkeling.
One day we rented a car from a local company. The Hilton front desk was very helpful in securing a manual 4 door car at a reasonable price. The car rental companies will come to your hotel to pick you up and take you to the car.
View of Tahiti
The Belvedere lookout was a great way to see the island from a view. From the lookout you can see Mount Rotui, Cook’s Bay and Opunohu Bay.
Each night the Hilton would feed the sharks near the bar between the overwater bungalows.
Moorea offers great outdoor activities. Its easy to just sit around in paradise and enjoy the views, but I would recommend getting out and seeing all the island has to offer.
Need Some Extra Points & Miles For A French Polynesian Award Vacation?
– Sign up for the 40,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards offer (application link) from the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
– Sign up for the Delta Business Gold Skymiles from American Express for 30,000 bonus Skymiles after you spend $500 in three months. Then supplement your existing Delta miles for an award to French Polynesia on Air France. This card comes with a $0 annual fee the first year then a $95 fee after the first year. Check your first bag for free on every Delta flight. Receive Zone 2 priority boarding on Delta flights
– Sign up for the SPG Personal American Express card and the SPG Business American Express card for extra SPG points each. Then you can transfer the points into Delta Skymiles or another airline to help with an award ticket to French Polynesia on Air France.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.