This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Starwood is offering a reward for guests returning to their hotels after a long period of inactivity. You can earn 2k-4k bonus points, 25% off an award up to five nights, or a $25 Amazon gift card. Reader Kathy K received this offer after a 3 month hiatus from Starwood properties. Kathy runs a travel blog from a runner’s perspective called WillRunForMiles. It is a cool way to learn about travel from a runner that has run marathons in all 50 states. Back to the SPG promotion, the details are below.
How To Register
- Register your SPG number through this link to see if you qualify for a rewarding return gift
Promotion Details – “We Miss You Select A Reward For Your Next Stay”
- Stay at an eligible SPG property from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012
- Earn 2,000 bonus points after 1 eligible paid stay
- Earn 1 $25 Amazon gift card after 1 eligible paid stay
- Earn 1 25% off an award certificate after 1 eligible paid stay
- Mention code 80c to an SPG agent if you select this option
- Valid up to category 5 hotels
- 25% off award stay will count toward elite status qualification
- Up to five night stay
- Potential value of 16,000 points off a 5 night award at category 5 hotels (16k * 4 nights = 64k * 25% = 16k savings)
I tried to register but didn’t qualify for this promotion. Probably because I stay at SPG properties too much. Almost reminds me of the Delta status promotions but is not on the same level. I think the SPG rewarding returns promotion is a great incentive for guests to return to the program without devaluing existing member loyalty.
This promotion is awesome and would help me return to SPG quicker than other hotel chains. I would definitely go with the 25% off an award certificate. Make sure to check your eligibility for this return promotion. It could be worth 16,000 points.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.