This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Hertz has upped the ante with triple points this fall. They’ve raised this bonus points from double this summer to triple this fall in hopes of driving a little more points into your pocket and business their way.
How To Register
Pick up your rental between September 4, 2012 and December 15, 2012 to earn triple points. You must register first. Only your base rental points and President’s Circle (25%) or Five Star (10%) bonus will be tripled. All other bonuses will not be tripled.
- Do I automatically earn triple points?
- No. You first must register for this promotion. Only rentals made after registration will be eligible to earn triple points.
- Do I have to be a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member to earn triple points?
- Yes. You have to be a Gold Plus Rewards member. You can sign up or upgrade for free at Hertz.com/FreeGold.
- How do I earn points on all rentals?
- To earn points for your rentals, select Gold Plus Rewards points in your member profile. Be sure to click the “Edit” button of “Section 2: Member Details.”
- How does this work for Hertz On Demand members?
- Hertz On Demand members must have their Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member number in their Hertz On Demand profile with the Gold Plus Rewards Points box selected, and have registered at the HertzTriplePoints.com site with their Hertz Gold number in order to receive triple points on Hertz On Demand rentals.
- When will points appear in my account?
- Points will appear within 10 days of the rental return.
- What points will be tripled?
- Only your base rental points, President’s Circle® and Five Star® bonuses will be tripled. Triple points means base rental points plus two times base rental points.
- How do I find my member number?
- You can find your member number on your membership card, or log in at hertz.com for U.S. members or hertz.ca for Canadian members, and click on “My Account/Membership Information/Print Membership Card.”
- What are the rental dates for the triple points promotion?
- The promotion is for rentals starting on September 4 or later, through December 15, 2012. Only rentals that are picked up on September 4 or after are eligible.
- Is it easy to redeem my points online for a free rental?
- Redeeming your points online is simple and quick. Just follow the easy steps below:
- Sign into your account on hertz.com
- Click on “My Account” at the top of the home page
- Click on “Use My Points,” just follow the step-by-step instructions to select your destination and the redemption option you prefer
- Click on the “Hertz Gold Plus Rewards” tab
- Click “Submit”
Make sure you register for the triple points promotion if you plan on having a qualifying Hertz rental. Triple is always better than double.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.