This is one way to get kicked off a plane. Wear a t-shirt mocking TSA’s security theater.
A doctoral student at Arizona State University was kicked off his Phoenix bound Delta flight at his departure gate in Buffalo, New York.
“I politely explained that it was ‘mocking the security theater charade and over-reactions to terrorism by the general public,”
His shirt had a made up seal that mocked the Homeland security. Probably not the smartest thing to put on your T-Shirt when trying to travel by air.
“Bombs ZOMG,” “ZOMG Terrorists” “Alert level bloodred — run, run take off your shoes.”
He made it through screening with those words on his T-Shirt. Once at the gate, a Delta agent alerted the TSA and Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority. He was quickly surrounded, interrogated and re-booked with his wife on a flight the following day.
Lesson learned, don’t mock the TSA when you are flying. Hat tip to AAdvantageGeek.
Related TSA Posts
- Mrs Weekly Flyer’s Run-In with the TSA
- TSA causes 2 hour delay at JFK airport
- Senator Leads Charge To End TSA
- TSA Pre – My first time and why I waited so long
- TSA is broken and they know it
- TSA requests mother’s milk but throws out good coffee
- TSA searches 3 year old boy in wheelchair on his way to Orlando
- Blogger exposes loophole in TSA’s screening process
- TSA responds to blogger about his viral video
- Miss USA sexually assaulted by TSA
- TSA detains US Senator from Kentucky, Rand Paul
- Lady screams for TSA agent arrest at checkpoint
- TSA strip searches an 85 year old woman
- Person goes through TSA security with 38 caliber gun and boards plane
- TSA inspector busted for stealing iPads