This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
The ability to purchase a Business Class ticket to Europe at a lower cost than some coach tickets is back again. This time US Airways is making the promotion targeted.
But there is good news. They run this promotion often and there is a chance you could be targeted for this promotion.
The US Airways award chart requires 100,000 miles for a Business Class ticket to Europe and only 90,000 miles for a Business Class ticket to North Asia. After only a few simple steps and you could have yourself enough miles for a Business Class ticket to Europe on US Airways or one of their Star Alliance partners.
Step 1) Navigate To US Airways Promotional Offer Page
US Airways is targeting customers with this buy miles promotion. Some are reporting that they didn’t receive the promotion and booked a flight with US Airways within the last 12 months. I can add another data point to validate this because I received the promotion and haven’t flown US Airways in over 2 years.
- Navigate to the US Airways buy miles promotion website and enter your name and US Airways number
Step 2) Select Mile Amount To Purchase
Enter your US Airways Dividend Miles number and information. Then select the amount of miles you would like to purchase ranging from 1,000 to 50,000 miles. You’ll receive a 100% bonus on purchased miles through this promotion if targeted for the 100% bonus.
Step 3) Complete Purchase
Maxing out this promotion will get you 100,000 US Airways Dividend miles, enough miles to use on a Business Class award to Europe. The cost, only $1,881.25 plus award booking fees which can be less than Coach Class tickets to Europe let alone the cost of a Business Class ticket.
Terms And Conditions
- Miles are sold for $0.035 per mile plus a tax recovery charge of 7.5%
- GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents – again the Canadians are getting special attention (emphasis mine)
- Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status
- All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply
- Miles may be used based on award availability at the time of booking
- Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles
- All purchases are non-refundable
It still amazes me how many people weren’t / aren’t aware of this promotion. Just this past year, I’ve had two sets of friends purchase coach class tickets for more than they could have purchased miles to redeem for Business Class.
The ability to purchase a Business Class ticket to Europe once a year for only $1,881.25 has just became a little more difficult.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.