This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Air France’s Flying Blue program is offering a special promotion on purchasing miles. The promotion runs from now until December 31, 2012. If you buy miles through this offer, you could receive up to 45,000 bonus miles!
Air France Buy Miles Promotion
- How does it work? Buy between 20,000 and 28,000 Award Miles from Air France’s website, and your bonus will be 10,000 Award Miles
- Simply buy 30,000 to 38,000 Award Miles and receive a bonus of 15,000 Award Miles
- If you’re an Elite member, you can receive a bonus up to 45,000 Miles
- Buy 2,000 – 8,000 Miles = No Bonus
Buy 10,000 – 18,000 Miles = 5,000 Bonus Miles
Buy 20,000 – 28,000 Miles = 10,000 Bonus Miles
Buy 30,000 – 38,000 Miles = 15,000 Bonus Miles
Buy 40,000 Miles = 20,000 Bonus Miles
- Through December 31, 2012
- Other Details
- Award Miles will be deposited into your account within 72 hours of purchase
- You have the right to withdraw your purchase within 7 days as provided in the Buy and Gift Award Miles Program
- * Elite members only. Ivory members can receive up to 20,000 Bonus Miles
** Elite members only. Ivory members can buy up to 40,000 Award Miles per calendar year
*** Members can receive up to 40,000 Award Miles per calendar year
- Detailed terms and conditions
Sample Itinerary To French Polynesia
With this promotion, you can purchase enough miles for a one-way Business Class award to French Polynesia for a cost of $1,296.52, that works out to about $.021 cents per mile, not a great deal.
We redeemed 150,000 SkyMiles each to fly to French Polynesia and demonstrated how to redeem Delta miles to do so. It was a great trip that we couldn’t have done with the use of airline miles due to the high cost. The one-way award ticket requires only 60,000 Air France miles and $262.20 in taxes and fees.
This promotion may be good for those looking for two tickets to French Polynesia but only enough miles for one ticket. The cost to max out this promotion is $1,296.92 or $.021 cents per mile. Not as good as the buying or sharing US Airways miles promotion that is currently running through October 31, 2012, but this is still worth a look if you are thinking about buying an Air France ticket.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.