It’s that time of year again. There are those of us who have already qualified and will roll over a bank of Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQM) to next year. And then there are those of us who are just short of the next elite qualifying threshold.
If you are in the second group, you are in luck, depending on how you look at it. There is an option to purchase Delta MQMs through December 31, 2012. This option may be easier than simply flying given the holiday travel congestion at airports but certainly isn’t cheap.
The MQMs can be purchased to get an account over the next threshold. If you are considering this option you still have a few days until December 31, 2012. Give any purchase careful consideration because the price is high but the rewards can be valuable.
How To Purchase MQMs
Miles can be purchased in the following increments
Purchase MQM Details
- 2,500 MQMs for $395
- 5,000 MQMs for $595
- 7,500 MQMs for $795
- 10,000 MQMs for $1,000
Purchase MQM Terms And Conditions
- Maximum MQMs that may be purchased for one SkyMiles account for the 2012 calendar year: 10,000
- Minimum/Maximum MQMs per transaction: 2,500 / 10,000
- MQM increments of 2,500
- MQMs purchased through this Buy MQMs offer are non-refundable
- MQMs purchased will be deposited to the member’s 2012 MQM balance
- If applicable, Million Miler status and Medallion status will be updated within 24 hours of MQM purchase
- The MQMs are not redeemable and only count towards Medallion status and Million Miler status
- All transactions are processed in U.S. Dollars
- All the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles program apply
These prices are high, but the extra MQMs can be worth the purchase in certain situations. Take for example the Choice Benefit members can select when they hit Platinum or Diamond status. The Delta Choice Benefits available to select for each threshold can be valuable depending on your travel patters.
See Current Airline Credit Cards.
Looking for More Delta Miles?
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. As always we appreciate any support for the blog.
This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.