This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
To help you get mobile, Hertz is launching Carfirmations Upgrades, which allows Gold Members to upgrade their reserved rental directly from their mobile devices in three simple clicks. To celebrate this news, Hertz is offering one lucky Points, Miles & Martinins reader the opportunity to win 2,500 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points. These points may be used for a free weekly rental, as a Standard Reward redemption*.
Hertz Carfirmations And Mobile Alerts
Hertz Carfirmations or Mobile Gold Alerts, are an email and mobile SMS text service that notifies Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members, prior to arrival, about their rental. These notifications can include specific vehicle information and car location.
Hertz recently announced that Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members may select an upgrade or different rental vehicle through their smartphone via Carfirmations Upgrades. I like that Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members can select a range of cars from their smartphones which can instantly rent instead of the reserved vehicle. It only takes three simple clicks to complete a vehicle change through the Carfirmations service. You don’t even have to talk to a rental agent thereby saving time and getting customers on the road faster.
To launch the new upgrades, Hertz piloted the service in Los Angeles and Washington D.C. and has since introduced the service to the top 50 airport locations in the U.S. Hertz let us know that thousands of customers participated in the pilot program and provided an overwhelmingly positive response. Some of the responses included comments like:
- ‘loved it,’
- ‘being able to see in advance what I’m getting, and change it to something more suitable, is a big selling point,’
- ‘I couldn’t believe how awesome this was.’
But Hertz would love to see what you think so we are running the 2,500 point giveaway with this post.
How To Enter For Chance To Win 2,500 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Points
To enter, simply leave a comment in this post answering this question:
- What do you think of this new service offering and where would you like to take your next road trip?
- One winner will be selected at random on Sunday, February 9th, 2013
- One entry per person
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards will be deposited directly into the winner’s membership account
* This Hertz Gold Plus Rewards represents Standard Reward redemptions, which may not be available on all days. Available on Compact to Premium cars only. 5-day minimum rental required, maximum 7 days.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.