This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
US Airways has come out with a targeted offer for folks who have the US Airways Premier World MasterCard where they can earn up to 15,000 miles over the course of 3 months by meeting spending thresholds on the card.
It Works Like This
Cardmembers who spend $750 or more each month from September 1, 2013 through November 30, 2013 will earn 15,000 bonus miles.
- September – Spend $750 or more
- October – Spend $750 or more
- November – Spend $750 or more
- 6-8 weeks later = 15,000 US Airways Dividend miles
I picked up the US Airways Premier World MasterCard the last time I applied for credit cards because the bonus Dividend miles will likely become American Airlines AAdvantage miles after the merger. In addition, I’ll receive an annual companion pass and a 5,000 mile discount per award ticket.
Terms And Conditions
- Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn 15,000 bonus miles after you charge over $750 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each month from September 1, 2013 through November 30, 2013. If you do not spend over $750 in any of the 3 months of the promotion you will not be eligible for any bonus miles as part of this offer.To receive your bonus miles, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus miles will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include such things as the purchase of money orders, traveler’s checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person-to-person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.
- Primary cardmember is responsible for all authorized user transactions.
This is an interesting approach to get cardmembers to take the credit card out of their wallet. At a time when most Delta flyers are busy spending on their Delta Reserve card to meet the $30,000 spend requirement for a bonus 15,000 MQMs (up to 30,000 MQMs that can be gifted) or their Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express to meet the $25,000 spend requirement for a bonus 10,000 MQMs (up to 20,000 MQMs), this just doesn’t stack up if I had to pick one. But Thankfully I’m almost maxed out on my Delta Reserve card and Platinum card spending for the year, so this seems reasonable enough offer to go after.
What about you, would you go after this offer if targeted or do you see better ways to use credit card spend than this offer?
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. As always we appreciate any support for the blog.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.