American Express is now offering a complimentary upgrade to Hilton HHonors Gold Status just for having the American Express Platinum Card.
To take advantage of this limited time promotion, just call up American Express and give them your Hilton HHonors number to have your account updated to reflect the Gold Status. The update should go through right away and will last through the end of 2014.
As a reminder, the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card gives complimentary Hilton Gold Status as well just for having the card.
Normally to achieve or retain HHonors Gold status, you would need to earn either:
- (1) 20 stays in a calendar year, or
- (2) 40 nights in a calendar year, or
- (3) 75,000 HHonors Base Points in a calendar year
but these requirements are waived through this offer for American Express Platinum Cardholders.
Perks of Hilton Gold include:
- Late Check Out
- Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs
- Complimentary In-Room, High-Speed Internet Access
- Room Upgrades
- HHonors Bonus Points per stay
If you’re an American Express Platinum Cardholder, call up Card Services and they can get your new Hilton Gold status activated for you.
While this promotion only runs through December 31, 2013, chances are if its a hit, it could be added on as an official perk of the Platinum Card next year.