There are many reasons why “getting rid” of 300,000 United Miles is a bad idea. But I’d say the ability to book Lufthansa’s First Class is just about the biggest reason.
Lufthansa First Class
You see, United made a major devaluation last week and I got rid of a small portion of my airlines miles, only 300,000 or so, something I wouldn’t normally have done. And just my luck, this week Lucky posts about the great availability on one of LH’s new routes to Munich. Not the first bonehead move I’ve made, and likely not the last. But I’m satisfied, enough. Who am I kidding, the availability looks amazing, as do the new seats!
From the service, to the seat, the drinks-nothing like a nice glass of Tattinger Champagne while you are waiting for your Mercedes to pick you up to take you to a new Airbus A380 during a layover in Frankfurt, but I digress.
The point is, if you’ve racked up a ton of Chase Ultimate Rewards points through credit card signups or have so many United miles you don’t know what to do with them, consider the First Class availability currently on the new Lufthansa routes to Munich from Toronto or Mexico City.
Have you considered using United miles for one of these new Lufthansa routes? Or did you do a bonehead move like me and use your miles on something else?
- Lufthansa’s easiest A380 first class route
- Lufthansa’s easiest new first class route
- A special treat from Lufthansa First Class
- Do First Class pajamas waste your closet space?
- Analyzing Lufthansa First Class award space can make your head spin
- Lufthansa First Class Terminal Happy Hour & PMM Cocktail Napkin Giveaway
- Which is better? Lufthansa First Class Terminal or Thai Royal First Lounge
- Choosing Lufthansa’s “Retro” First Class over New First Class
- Lufthansa First Class Toolkit
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. We appreciate any support for Points, Miles & Martinis by using our affiliate links.