As the year winds down, I begin to look at what points I’ve earned in the last year, take advantage of any transfer bonuses to plan travel for next year, and look at some of the credit cards with 50,000+ sign-up bonus offers that may be missing from my wallet. So when I opened my mailbox to find a Marriott offer 40% higher than the normal sign-up bonus offer, I was intrigued.
I generally like Marriott properties and usually keep Marriott Gold status for the lounge benefit. In the past I’ve carried the Marriott credit card to earn 5x points when I would stay at a bunch of Marriott hotels. That is really the biggest benefit. If you are going to stay a bunch at Marriott, might as well earn 5x points. Alternatively, you can always take advantage of online savings opportunity to save 15.5% off Marriott stays like I illustrated in this linked article.
So if considering picking up the Marriott credit card, know that the 70,000 Marriott Rewards offer is 40% higher than the normal 50,000 bonus point offer. Cardholders can earn 5 Marriott Rewards points for every dollar spent at Marriott hotels, 2 points per dollar spent on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline and 1 point on other purchases.
The normal Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card offer is for 50,000 bonus points, but with the offer mentioned above, members can earn a 40% higher signup bonus after meeting minimum spending requirements.
- Double Dip For 15.5% Savings With Marriott
- Up to 30% Cash back with Ebates
- Marriott – How to save 25% on Marriott hotel award redemptions
- Marriott – Why I like Marriott Gold status
- Marriott – How to get Marriott Platinum status after only 9 Marriott hotel stays
- Ritz Carlton – How to get 21 free upgrades to Ritz Carlton club lounge
- Ritz Carlton – How to save points on Ritz Carlton free night redemptions