This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
This week I got my second message from Delta informing me I had the opportunity to select or gift an additional 15,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) since I spent my second $30,000 on the Delta Reserve card in a calendar year. This was my second time through the process. Instead of gifting these MQMs like I did the last time, I selected the option to add them to my account. Expired.
If you don’t have these, I would definitely jump on these offers! Delta and American Express have increased sign-up offers for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
The process to claim or gift the miles turned out to be rather easy. After I received the message below, it only took a few moments to complete the process.
Dear Weekly Flyer,
Congratulations on reaching the Miles Boost threshold with your Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express.
I also received a First Class or Economy companion certificate to be used sometime over the next year. This will surely go to good use.
Step 1: Select Your Card To Redeem MQMs
The first step to claim or gift your MQMs is to navigate to the http://delta.com/deltareservemqm/mbrLanding.action site.
Once there, you select whether you would like to claim or gift the MQMs from the consumer or the business card. Next you’ll select whether you’d like to give them to a friend or add the 15,000 MQMs to your account. Click submit and enter the required information. I earned mine with Delta Reserve card.
Step 2: Confirm Your Selection
The MQMs will either appear in your account or your lucky friend’s account soon after the process is complete.
Step 3: Verify Your New MQM Balance
Next you can log into your Delta account and verify the MQMs were deposited.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) When does the calendar year close for earning eligibility?
- December 31
2) What exactly do I get when I spent $30,000 on the card in a calendar year?
- 15,000 MQMs And
- 15,000 redeemable miles
3) Which miles count towards status?
- Only the 15,000 MQMs count toward status
4) What happens if I don’t select a recipient to receive the MQMs?
- If within 90 days, you do not elect to designate an MQM recipient, the MQMs will be deposited in your SkyMiles account
5) Can I earn 30,000 MQMs from the consumer and the Business Delta Reserve Card?
6) Can I earn multiple year end bonuses if I get the personal Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Delta Reserve card, etc cards?
- You may be permitted to have more than one Options, Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve Card from American Express account; however, you are only eligible to receive one annual bonus for each type (i.e. Options, Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve) of Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account from American Express
If you are looking for a way to earn even more miles, consider the Delta Reserve card, The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express or the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
Have you been the lucky recipient or giver of Delta MQMs this year? I think the first 15,000 MQMs is an easy decision. It’s the second 15,000 MQMs where the decision gets difficult whether to give away or rollover to the next year.
- How I Earned 60,000 Delta MQMs Without Flying
- Last Minute MQMs With Delta–End Of Year Earning Options
- Delta Selling Medallion Qualifying Miles
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- Earning Delta Platinum Elite Status The Easy Way
- Full Flat Business Elite Seat 1D On Delta’s 767 Domestic Route
- Delta’s Domestic Flat Bed Business Elite Seat 8C From Atlanta to New York
- Another Domestic Delta Lie-Flat Route For 767
- How To Display Delta’s Lowest Award Results
- Lots Of Delta Low Award Availability To Tokyo For New Years
- Delta 777 Flat-Bed Business Class Review – Atlanta To Los Angeles
- Delta 767 Flat-Bed Business Elite – Another Day Another Domestic Flight With International Business Class
- Good Advice When Canceling A Delta Award Ticket As Platinum Member
- Delta DC9-50 First Class Happy Hour & Upgrade Lottery
- Denver – Delta 757 Domestic First Class 1A
- Jacksonville – “Not All Champagne Wishes” Delta Flight in Coach
- Los Angeles – Delta 777 Flight in Business Elite from Atlanta
- Los Angeles – Delta A330 Flight in Business Elite to Atlanta
- Los Angeles – Delta’s “Other Transcon” Service – 777 Business Elite From Los Angeles
- New York – Delta 757 Business Elite Seat
- New York – Delta 767 Old Business Elite Seat
- New York – Delta 767 Old Business Elite Review
- New York – Delta First Class from Newark to Atlanta
- Brussels – Delta new lie-flat Business Class
- Brussels – Delta 767 with new lie-flat Business Class review
- Delta – How to get a free extra one-way on an award ticket
- Delta – Illustration on how to get a free extra one-way award ticket
- Delta – How to book one-way award tickets on Delta operated flights
- Delta – How to get free checked bags for friends of Elite members on split reservations
- Delta – Dedicated routes with lie-flat seats in Business Class
- Delta – Add your birthday into your account for a present
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class tickets to French Polynesia
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class tickets to Seychelles
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class to Australia
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class to Shanghai
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class to Tokyo
- Delta – Booking Delta’s one-way 90k business class award to Asia
- Delta – Book your flight to greatly increase your upgrade changes and ride in style
- Delta – How to get access to the Delta Sky Club even if you are not on a Delta ticket
- Delta – How to keep up with the latest celebrity gossip on Delta Airlines for free with gogo wifi
- Delta – Track your bags throughout your journey with mobile bag tracking
- Delta – Earning miles on the TGV train in Europe; don’t make this mistake
- Delta – How to check the upgrade lists before you fly to ensure you are on the free upgrade list
- Delta – How To Gift Delta Medallion Qualifying Miles
- Delta – Your Upgrade Is Now Confirmed – And How To Check Your Upgrade Priority Level
- Delta – How To Get Low Level Delta Award On Cross Country Flights (The Hard Way)
- Delta – Earn Delta status without flying
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. We always appreciate any support for Points, Miles & Martinis by using our affiliate links.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.