As you may already know, due to the US Air and American merger as of March 22, 2014, cardmembers will no longer be able to access the Admirals nor US Air lounges with the American Express Platinum card. But members can still access the Centurion lounges where available. This was one of the biggest benefits to Mrs. Weekly Flyer (in addition to the signup bonus) when she applied to the card, in addition to being able to access the Delta and Priority Pass Select lounges.
Mrs. Weekly Flyer got straight to the point “what is the consideration for the change?” A few moments of talking and then a $100 airline credit to either US Air or American good from March 22, 2014 was offered.
Mrs. Weekly Flyer uses all the benefits of the American Express Platinum card, and was really happy to be able to keep the card and use it on a daily basis to rack up points towards our next trip. Do you have the Platinum card? What’s been your experience with the benefit changes?
American Express Membership Rewards Cards
The following cards earn points in the Membership Rewards program, so if you’re looking to earn some extra points consider the following:
- Business Platinum Card from American Express
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- American Express Gold Card
- Centurion Lounge Access for Amex Platinum Members
- Complimentary Hilton Gold Elite Status From Credit Cards
- My Platinum Amex Experience With $200 American Airlines Credit
- Save with American Express Sync Twitter Promotions
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program