This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
As of March 1st, the new Delta Choice benefits are live giving Platinum and Diamond Medallions the choice to decide what they want to redeem for. These are for members who qualified for status for 2014 and have not yet selected their benefits yet, as well as those who have already re-qualified for 2015 status.
One of the major changes is the new Global and Regional Upgrades. Regional upgrades which are good on all routes that Delta offers complimentary upgrades, which are now valid for all fares. The new Global Upgrades are good on all flights including international flights and transcontinental flights.
Here’s a rundown of the current option for Diamond Medallions.
- 4 Global or 8 Regional Upgrades: Regional upgrades are available on the same routes as Medallion Complimentary Upgrades, meaning mostly domestic routes including to Hawaii, but have a higher priority. Global Upgrades are good on any Delta flight including international flights with lie-flat BusinessElite. Both of these upgrades can be used on all paid published Economy Class fares except for E on Delta-operated flights.
- Global Entry Application Vouchers: Save time re-entering the U.S. or going through security using Global Entry. You’ll receive 2 $100 vouchers for this.
- Delta Sky Club Executive Membership Upgrade: Diamond Medallion members may upgrade their complimentary Individual Delta Sky Club Membership to an Executive Membership
- Delta Sky Club One-Day Passes: Diamond Medallions can receive 6 one-day passes to access nearly 50 clubs worldwide; passes valid up to one year from the date of issuance.
- Bonus Miles: You can choose 25,000 bonus SkyMiles to add to your account or donate them to a SkyWish charity of your choice.
- Travel/Retail Gift Card: Choice either a $200 Delta Travel Voucher : valid for 12 months from the date of issuance or a $200 Tiffany & Co. Gift Card
- Give Gold Medallion status: You can give a friend or family member Silver Medallion status which offers Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, Priority Check-In, Priority Boarding and more now through February 28, 2015.
- 2 Tiffany & Co. Luggage Tags: Two Tiffany & Co. sleek rectangular stainless steel luggage tags with a genuine black leather strap adorned with Tiffany blue stitching. Diamond Medallion engraved for a smooth finish.
To select your Choice Benefits, head over to Delta’s choice benefit site, which you can access here. You’ll then be able to sign-in to your SkyMiles account and make your selection.
Diamond Medallions are able to choose 2 Choice Benefits from the ones mentioned above but limited to one from each bullet meaning you wouldn’t be able to choose both the Regional Upgrades and the Global Upgrades.
When it comes to deciding, I would deeply consider the new upgrades. If you fly international then I would go for the Global Upgrades, but if you are more of a domestic flyer you may want to consider the 8 Regional Upgrades.
Another valuable choice benefit is the Gold Medallion status. This gifted status does not require the member to meet the minimum spending requirement so if you have a friend or family member who could value this status, this is a good choice.
Delta also added a new choice which is the Delta Sky Club Executive Membership Upgrade. They previously slashed their SkyClub benefits and raised membership fees, but as a Diamond in addition to the individual membership you receive, you could choose this choice so that you would be able to still bring your friends and family into the clubs with you.
What do you plan on choosing this year for your Diamond Medallion benefit?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.