Each week, we will be taking a look at a hotel or airline elite status level and the benefits that come with it and how to leverage earning the status.
How to Earn:
(1) 10 stays in a calendar year
(2) 25 nights in a calendar year
Lifetime SPG Gold Status is earned after 250 eligible nights and any 5 years of elite SPG status.
- Three Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent – a 50% bonus over base-level membership.
- 4 p.m. late checkout so you can sleep in, relax by the pool or see more of the local area you’re visiting.
- An enhanced room at check-in, when available.
- Special elite customer service telephone line (available in most countries).
- Choice of Welcome Amenity. Choose from bonus Starpoints, complimentary in-room Internet access or a complimentary beverage.
SPG also offers Crossover Rewards with Delta. As an SPG Gold member, earn 1 Starpoint for every dollar spent on eligible Delta flights.
Other Ways To Earn Starwood Gold
For those who don’t wish to stay 25 nights to get this status, you can earn Starwood Gold status through spending with the Starwood American Express. If you spend $30,000 or more in eligible purchases in a calendar year, you’ll be granted complimentary SPG Gold Status.
Starwood Gold status does provide some nice benefits like the 50% earning bonus, 4pm check-out and welcome amenity which can include bonus points or free internet access.
What’s your favorite Starwood Gold benefit?