This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
This is the year that American Airlines will begin retrofitting its existing Boeing 767-300 fleet. The new planes will have 28 fully life-flat Business Class seats. Each seat will have aisle access.
American plans to retrofit its 767-300 aircraft to offer 28 fully lie-flat Business Class seats with aisle access from every seat. Other elements of the retrofit project include the installation of new LCD drop-down monitors onboard, new digital audio systems, refreshed lavatories, and new seat covers and cushions in the Main Cabin that mirror the design of American’s 777-300ER fleet for a more consistent widebody experience.
American’s first retrofitted 767-300 will take its inaugural flight between New York’s Kennedy Airport (JFK) and Zurich Airport (ZRH) on April 1. As more retrofitted aircraft prepare to enter service, American will deploy the refreshed aircraft to additional markets.
These new American Airlines seats look great and it’s exciting to see they will start rolling these out on April 1, 2014.
Delta similarly completed the installation of flat-bed seats on their 767 planes, and subsequently increased the prices of awards across the Atlantic to 125,000 round-trip in Business Class. It will be interested to see if American Airlines follows.
Until then, looking forward to seeing these new seats as they roll out on April 1, 2014.
- American Airlines – Easy way to find AA record locator when booking through BA.com
- American Airlines – Free award ticket change during Scotland Golf trip
- American Airlines – Earn more miles with dining at your favorite restaurants
- American Airlines – Where to find in flight power outlets
- American Airlines – Earn 1,200 AA miles with Bose headsets
- American Airlines – Using American Airlines miles for unique experiences
- Trip Report – American Airlines Flight and Marriott Kauai
- A Delta Flyer’s Observations In An American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge
- OneWorld Miami Premium Lounge Video Walk Through
- American Airlines Miami Admirals Club Video Walk Through
- Ultimate Golf AAward Trip AA First Class To Where It All Began
- Argentina – American Airlines 777 First Class from Miami to Buenos Aires
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.