Bora Bora is one of the most expensive destinations I’ve traveled to, even with using points and miles to get there and stay there. But with a limited time offer that expires today, this means you can outright buy enough points for Bora Bora award night for only $287.50.
Today is the last day to purchase enough points with IHG Rewards with up to a 100% bonus. I give this deal two thumbs up!
How To Purchase Points With 100% Bonus
- Purchase IHG Points through this link for up to 100% bonus
How To Book Bora Bora Award Night For Only $287.50
Step 1: Log-In To IHG Account And Search
Simply enter your destination, dates and select reward nights.
Step 2: Select Hotel And Award Night
There are two InterContinental hotels in Bora Bora. We’ve stayed at the Thalasso and have visited the Le Moana. The Thalasso is much better in my opinion plus there is a free ferry between the Thalasso and Le Moana every day all day.
It takes 50,000 points for a reward night at the InterContinental on Bora Bora. So this means, if you are targeted for the 100% bonus, you can purchase enough points (50,000 + 50,000 bonus) to get your cost down to $.00575 per point or $287.50 per reward night.
You may purchase points in 1,000 increments at the following prices:
- 1,000 – 10,000 points for $13.50 per 1,000 points
- 11,000 – 25,000 points for $12.50 per 1,000 points
- 26,000 – 60,000 points for $11.50 per 1,000 points
With a 100% bonus, if you are targeted for the highest bonus, that means you can purchase 50,000 bonus points and get another 50,000 for free. It works out to $0.00575 per mile (50 x $11.50 / 100,000).
This is the lowest I’ve ever seen the ability to mint IHG points, except of course the 300 point browser trick. And this is certainly lower than the ability to mint points through the cash and points option as well.
When you compare this to other options on the island, it can work out in your favor. Assuming you’ve forked over 37,500 points per night to stay at the Le Meridien, those points are worth much more than $287.50. l would much rather bank those SPG points and purchase IHG points at the 100% bonus price.
- Delta SkyMiles – How to use SkyMiles to French Polynesia
- French Polynesia – Air France Business Class
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia – InterContinental Bora Bora
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia – Bora Bora Activities
- Moorea, French Polynesia – Hilton Moorea
- Moorea, French Polynesia – Activities
- Le Meridien Tahiti Review
- Brief French Polynesia Trip Update
- Happy Hour – Tahitian Pineapple Sunrise In Moorea
- Happy Hour – Raspberry Mojito In Bora Bora
- Demonstration On How To Use Delta Miles To Bora Bora
- 5 Tips For A Moorea & Bora Bora Trip