A few weeks ago I shared how I was applying for the SPG Amex credit card. One of the benefits of the card in addition to the signup bonus offer, is the 2 stay and 5 night credit each year.
This benefit actually posts immediately upon activating the card. Seeing as though I’m only 4 nights away from lifetime SPG Platinum status, I was eager to double check if the benefit applied towards lifetime status.
Taking a closer look, the terms and conditions of lifetime status qualifying nights state:
Lifetime totals include historical Starpoint eligible nights from 1999 forward and Award nights from October 1, 2011 forward. Gifted or promotional night credits not included.
Unfortunately gifted or promotional night credits do not count towards SPG lifetime status. This includes the credits earned through the SPG Amex card. Guess I’ll have to find a way to burn some of those 10 suite night awards sometime this year while earning 4 night credits.
- Go For Lifetime Starwood Platinum (Light) Status Or Not
- No Suite Upgrades All Year And SPG’s Apology
- Lifetime SPG Platinum – six years too short
- Starwood Crossover Rewards With Delta
- Starwood’s Cash + Points Option Plus Hotel Award Chart
- Starwood Nights & Flights Plus Airline Transfer Award Redemption Option
- SPG’s Fall Promotion Registration Open – SPG Take Two
- SPG Platinum Members To Get Unlimited Delta Upgrades
- Guess my 100th SPG Night Contest–Delta Tumi Giveaway