In this post we’ll share an amazing deal where you can get 50% off summer award redemptions to Europe with Air France. The latest promotional offer only requires 12,500 Air France miles plus $88.85 in taxes for a one-way flight to Europe from Boston during peak summer season.
The Flying Blue (Air France / KLM / Air Europa) loyalty program offers heavily discounted Flying Blue awards called Promo Awards for certain routes throughout the year. The current discounted award tickets from North America must be booked between April 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 for travel between June 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014.
Availability For 50% Off Coach Tickets
The availability for 50% off coach tickets is simply amazing. Almost everyday in June or July has availability from Boston to Paris, and beyond if you are looking for it just piece an award ticket beyond Paris for the 50% savings.
For a one-way coach class award ticket on Air France it only requires 12,500 miles one-way plus $88.85 in taxes and fees.
The return award space is pretty good as well. Unfortunately the taxes on the return flight aren’t as good, since it requires $177.61 in taxes and fees.
Terms And Conditions
- Reservations must be made exclusively on airfrance or klm (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorised to book an award on the website).
- In the event that a technical problem occurs when reserving the promotional fare or if the reservation cannot be finalised, the Flying Blue member must log on to the site and repeat the procedure.
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights and vice-versa.
- These promotional Promo Award@ may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Promo Award@ are available for one-way tickets and round trips.
- Flex Award are not included in the Promo Award@ offer.
How To Get And Transfer Points To Flying Blue Account
Starwood Starpoints transfer to Flying Blue (Air France) at a 1:1 ratio. But if you transfer only 20,000 points, you’ll get a 25% bonus for a total of 25,000 Flying Blue miles.
Both the personal and business Starwood Preferred Guest card from American Express allow you to transfer points over to a Flying Blue Air France account.
- Link to apply for Starwood Preferred Guest card from American Express
- Link to apply for Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
Alternatively, Air France Flying Blue miles can be transferred from American Express Membership Rewards. American Express Membership Rewards program allows members to earn points with everyday spend on select American Express credit cards like:
- Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express
These points can be redeemed for a number of items from gift cards to products to travel experiences. Here is a detailed walkthrough of how to transfer American Express points into loyalty programs.
There is exceptional summer availability between Boston and Europe for 50% off the normal mileage redemption with Air France. The flight to Europe is cheaper because the taxes and fees are only $88.85 vs the $177.61 on the return. So the outbound from the U.S. can add value if you are looking for a cheap way to get to Europe this summer.
Sure Air Lingus is also a good option using British Airways Avios points for coach at 25,000 miles plus ~$150 in taxes and fees, but that is only to and from Dublin. The Air France promo awards includes destinations beyond just Paris.
- Why I Credit Rocketmiles Miles To Air France –AwardWallet Plus Giveaway
- Air France Now Allows Personal Electronic Devices Inflight
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- Starwood Nights & Flights Plus Airline Transfer Award Redemption Option
- Instant Flying Blue Gold Status
- Air France 777 Business Class to French Polynesia
- Hurry: Tahiti Award Availability With Delta At Low Level On Air France
- Air France A380 Business Class from Paris