This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Last night on the news, I heard about a potentially fake Uber driver robbing a woman in the Virginia Highlands area of Atlanta. So, I got to thinking about how to best protect yourself since Uber cars don’t have any signage which makes them more easily impersonated. I am a big fan of Uber and use it all the time!
Tips For Safe Uber Ride
Here are my tips for making sure that you are actually getting a true Uber driver:
- You are also able to contact the driver at any point prior to the driver even arriving.
- I always text the driver before he arrives and make contact with him.
- The biggest thing is to check and double check that the car that you are getting into is the same car that you were assigned to on the Uber app.
- Uber usually provides a picture of the driver that you are assigned to as well – check to make sure that that is the person picking you up before getting into the car.
- Uber also provides the license plate number, make and model of the vehicle, and you can track the vehicle’s route as it approaches.
- Uber says that their drivers are all background checked with a rigorous three-step screening so as long as you make sure that you get into the right car this shouldn’t happen to you!
- Safe travels!
Uber is a service that enables you to book a car service with the tap of your finger on your smartphone or mobile device. If you don’t already have an account you can signup for a new Uber account using promo code (UBERPMM) and receive a $30 referral credit after your first purchase.
Competition is great for customers. We’re already seeing the negative impact of consolidation in the airline industry on frequent flyer programs. So it is nice to see new innovative services providing new competition in the market and decreasing consumer prices. I’ve had great experiences with Uber and have felt completely safe every time I’ve used it.
Be sure to Sign-Up for Uber and Get your First Ride Free (Up to $30)
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.