Kroger is back with their generous 4x fuel points promotion. This promotion allows members of the fuel points program to purchase gift cards and earn 4x the fuel points which can be used for big savings on gas. I love this promotion because I can pick up gift cards for things I’d buy anyway AND earn huge savings towards gasoline.
4X Points Promotion Details
The promotion is back from August 7, 2014 through September 3, 2014. You can see the eligible cards for 4x fuel points here.
Terms And Conditions
CARDS HAVE NO VALUE UNTIL ACTIVATED. TERMS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. Only purchases made with your loyalty card from The Kroger Co. Family of Stores or 1-2-3 REWARDS® Visa® are eligible. Excludes The Kroger Co. Family of Stores gift cards, Green Dot® prepaid reloadable products, MoneyPaks® and American ExpressR® Variable Load, Visa® Variable Load, 1-2-3 REWARDS® Reloadable Visa® Prepaid Debit Card and MasterCard® Variable Load gift cards. No-contract phones, accessories and airtime cards are also excluded from all gift card promotions. Offer may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. Fuel discounts are limited to up to 35 gallons of fuel per vehicle per purchase, subject to fraud prevention limits on the amount of purchase. Not valid where prohibited by law. Subject to availability. See gift cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Product offer may not be available in all states. Not all gift cards are available in all stores. See store for details.
How Does Fuel Points Work?
Fuel points works by awarding points for spending at Kroger. Then the customer can redeem points for a $ amount off each gallon of gas.
Earning rates are as follows:
- Spending on Groceries (normal exclusions apply): $1 in Groceries = 1 fuel point.
- 4x fuel points for Gift Card purchases (normal exclusions apply). For example, $25 in Gift Cards = 100 fuel points.
- Non-federally funded Prescriptions: 1 Prescription = 50 fuel points. a. As of August 1, 2012, federally funded Prescriptions earn 1 point for every $1 of your out-of-pocket costs for new, transferred and refilled Prescriptions.
How To Get $1 Off Gallon Of Gas?
Signup for a Kroger Fuel Points account. Then earn points by shopping at Kroger.
Once you have 1,000 points in your account, you qualify for $1 off every gallon of gas for a fill-up, up to 35 gallons. But even if you don’t have 1,000 points, you can earn discounts with the following points:
- 100 fuel points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at participating Shell Stations
- 100 fuel points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Kroger
- 200 fuel points = 20¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Kroger
- 1,000 fuel points = $1 off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Kroger
Where Can I Fill Up?
Once you earn enough points, search for the Kroger fuel station nearest you by clicking here.
You can earn even more savings if you use a cash back card that earns bonuses on spending. Here are a few that can help you pick up a few more percentage points of savings:
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express offers 3x points at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases. See Flexible Card offer page for full details on these and other offers.
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express offers 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases. See Flexible Card offer page for full details on these and other offers.
I use the 4x fuel points promotion to save big bucks on gas with Kroger’s Fuel Points program.